USAF Bombs Yorkshire!!!!

He wants rooting, shooting and electrocuting for that pitiful excuse - what is he, a jet jock or a schoolgirl?

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Keep your head down Jules - they were aiming at YOU! (Just couldn't get it all to work properly...)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

And mean. I took one of those to the neck and shoulder this summer. The car in front of me hit it. I saw it come off the windshield and towards me. Nothing I could do in time which was a real shame, because I was wearing a wifebeater and I knew he was going to be madder than hell when he got to me. He stung me faster than I could swat him off and I was already moving my hand up when I saw him come off the windshield.

The worst part is we were just starting our ride so I just kept going. Man that hurt for almost a week.

WmB

WmB

I'm assuming it was a honey bee...just because I've also gotten hit in the lips by one on the same stretch of road (up in the Kern River valley where we went) and it was sort of tastey...I know there's some bee keepers up there amongst the ranchers.

Reply to
Rufus

...pheasant on-da glass?..

Reply to
Rufus

i'm lucky, since i got peppered by wasps as a kid, the stings go away in 5 minutes.

maybe, there are some large wasps out here, too.

Ahhh...the generic "snot"...much like the non-specific "you", the royal "we", and/or the rhetorical "crap"...ain't language grand?

...though I did once get something much resembling snot forced out of my ears with a syringe full of water as a kid...remember to blow your ears now and then, kiddies...

Reply to
Rufus

From a HILARIOUS song I just had e-mailed to me at work:

..."'cause I'm a pilot, and I only care about me - I don't care if I bring your jet back Code2 or Code 3; 'cause I'm a pilot, and I don't make no mistakes; I'll take the credit if it ain't broken, I'll blame you if it breaks"...

Reply to
Rufus

Tarr-rump-bump!

The Old Timer

You're lucky it didn't go the other way - some people get serious allergic reaction to wasp stings after the first one.

Speaking of bees and wasps - we've got these little black native wasps here (about 6mm long) that sting a little when you only get one - trouble is, they usually all want to join the party - half the nest comes along for the fun, and it's no joke to be on the receiving end of that.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Ohhh, he said 'pheasant'! I *thought* the feudal system had been changed and there weren't no peasants left in Merry Olde England....

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

...excuse me, but did you say "ruweooooum"?..

Reply to
Rufus

Nope, I was running along in the company van and there was this crack! on the port mirror assembly followed by the sudden feeling of something hitting my lap. I reached down, looking for whatever it was and pulled out a balled-up bumbler which I immediately heaved overboard. For once it might have been better to have RHD.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

You ain't lived until you've raced around a corner into a cutting in the wee hours, with 170km/h on the clock, to find said cutting full up with a mob of BIG red 'roos that are having some sort of conference in the middle of the two-lane bitumen. Dunlop-san, be my friend! Gave me quite a start, that did. I missed them all, but the big Kenny SAR behind me didn't - he followed me into the next servo to clean the dead stuff off his grille and bull-bar. Poor old Skippys; although Skippy was a grey 'roo. The remainder of the trip was a bit bumpy - I think I flatspotted all four tyres.

If you want to run over wildlife Australia's the place to do it! Emus are fun - 3' long legs under 40 kg of meat and feathers at just the right height to come through the windscreen, sans legs. I've never hit one, but I've come close. Free range cattle - Braford bulls are BIG, man! Grey 'roos and wallabies (no rugby jokes, you Pommy b*****d's!) tend to either go under the car or through the windscreen, depending on where in their jump you collect them. NEVER run over a wombat - you will walk home; they're like rocks. Birds of all shapes, sizes and colours - I've told you all about galahs before.... Feral pigs, dingos, feral dogs and cats, bunnys are all local. A bit further south we see foxes, and in the north they've got Cape buffalo.

Saddest run-over? I collected a wedge-tailed eagle early one morning, on my way up the coast in the work F-100 (Ford p.o.s., not the Sabre!). That Effie was slow, but not as slow as the poor bird - he launched from the far side of the road, with a small (roadkill) wallaby in his talons - didn't see him until too late - a bang, a puff of feathers and that was it. It ruined the rest of my day.

Funniest? Another time (same vehicle, about 70km north of the eagle), I ran over a barramundi - for the uninitiated, that's a big, chrome silver fish - look it up. How can you run over a fish? I'm glad you asked! It was the wet season, and the highway was about 6" under water. Barra don't mind getting out and about a bit (a mate of mine was working some cattle in a storm one time, and he saw one about 500m from the nearest waterhole, just slithering along in the wet grass, looking for a holiday home. It was delicious!), and this one was using the road way to get a bit further upstream (to spawn, I presume, seeing as it was that time of year). I felt the bump, looked back and saw the silver flash, then got out to have a look - one squished barra. I didn't keep it (closed season - lots of explaining to the judge if you're caught!) but it was a big one. That same stretch of highway is used by anglers to catch barra, especially when it floods - you can catch them in the closed season, but ya can't keep 'em. It's a real buzz, throwing lures at big fish with cars and trucks going past at 100km/h, 2m from your back!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Knowing that some areas of the Yorkshire moors are boggy..............

I guess you could call it a Weapon of MOSS Destruction ?????????

I'll get my coat...........

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Ken Duffey - Flanker Freak & Russian Aviation Enthusiast Flankers Website -
Ken Duffey

Ken, get thee to a punnery...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Right, that'd be it then. Off to your room with you now. No more spirits for you....

Reply to
Al Superczynski