USAF Bombs Yorkshire!!!!

Y'know it was a big loss when that series was removed, I loved it.

That and Carter Country..."Handle it, handle it!..."

Reply to
Anonymous

Our battalion ops sergeant killed a raven with his motorcycle helmet at highway speed - he managed to stay upright, but he was a little shaken for the rest of the day.

Glenn D.,

Reply to
Glenn Dowdy

That can make for a bad day. It wasn't a raven, but I took a hit from what looked to be a jay or a thrush at about 65mph on my Hog. Open face half-helmet, direct hit to the cheek and jaw. I had just cracked open the throttle after coming out of a slow curve onto a wide open empty straightaway. The last thing on my mind was meeting up with something. I didn't lay it down either, so I was OK with the slight pain and yukky stuff on my face that I had to ride with for a few miles to the next stop. That did shake me up for the rest of the ride though.

WmB

WmB

What, there's some other way to cook it?

(This brings back memories from a few decades ago, of going to the grandparents' house for Sunday dinner... )

Reply to
Rob Kelk

i don't pretend to know how it grounded, but it did.

damn cricket broke my nose when i was a teen.

I thought it was Herb that came in and said "I swear to God, I thought turkeys could fly", or something to that effect. But my memory could be off.

Yeah - I recall the dancing ducklings...

Reply to
Rufus

Yeah - they only lifted across the road and then landed.

Was recently surprised by a roadrunner doing the same thing - I thought they were ground-bound as well, but I recently saw one cruise over a fence.

Reply to
Rufus

I had one hit ME once...I was cruising slowly off base out east one night when a big brown blob sailed over my windshield. I hit the brakes, and the second one leaped straight into my right rear fender. Glad it was a rental...

I think that the guy in the pickup behind me must have clubbed it out with a Maglite and thrown it in the back...it was stunned and kicking in the street the first time I looked, the second time it was gone and the guy was getting back in his truck.

Reply to
Rufus

I thought it was Herb...as I recall, Herb promoted the event, and Les knew nothing until the birds started "flying"...hence the "shock and awe".

That's my fav line of the series, though.

Reply to
Rufus

I took a one inch nut in the forehead at about 75 mph on the highway once. It disloged from a semi goin the opposite direction and hit me just above my right eye, between my glasses and my helmet. I saw it come loose an hit the deck...I had managed to avoid it, but my pal in front of me rode over it, kicked it back up, and it hit me. Don't know why the thing didn't crack my skull open...but I didn't do more than flinch and stayed upright.

It wasn't until we got to his place and I removed my helmet and he saw the dried blood and the gash that he figured out had happened...

Reply to
Rufus

looked to be a

to the cheek

curve onto a wide

something. I didn't

face that I had

rest of the ride

Squishing a squirrel or rolling over a snake can give you the geebies too...

Reply to
Rufus

yes i hated that sport too!...............

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

This raven was sitting on the ground (well, probably on part of the target or something, not the actual ground) when my friend dropped the ordnance on it, I think from an F/A-18. It wasn't a bird strike in flight.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Shafer

Now THAT would have been REALLY impressive -- taking a bird out of mid-air with "blue death"!

Reply to
John R Weiss

We've also disturbed the occasional jack rabbit or burro with a sand-seeker...

Reply to
Rufus

You have been unduly influenced by Warner Bros. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

in the floor

Because I can't

It was all the work of CBS's programmers. They kept moving the program around until nobody was sure when it would be on. As far as I can see they killed it. Dummereseln!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I think I understand pinochle better than I do cricket. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Have a stunned bumblebee land in your crotch sometime! Glad I got him out before he woke up mad.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak