USAF Bombs Yorkshire!!!!

Jack rabbits are better dispatched via the "rabbit rodeo" -- a "road trip" into the Nevada desert prior to the first brief of the day at Fallon, armed to the teeth and with plenty of ammo... :-)

Reply to
John R Weiss

I took out four seagulls with a T44 one night doing a practice approach at Navy Dallas (I didn't know seagulls flew at night). We did a "flashlight visual inspection", noted what appeared to be minor damage to the leading edge and wing tip (the light still worked), and determined to return to NAS Corpus.

Bad idea, as it turned out. The impacts not only damaged the starboard leading edge but fractured the wing spar. The aircraft was in rebuild for almost 90 days.

Beechcraft never could build a wing spar worth a good a shit.

Bill Kambic

P.S. God seems to have a soft spot in His heart for Naval Aviators.

If, by any act, error, or omission, I have, intentionally or unintentionally, displayed any breedist, disciplinist, sexist, racist, culturalist, nationalist, regionalist, localist, ageist, lookist, ableist, sizeist, speciesist, intellectualist, socioeconomicist, ethnocentrist, phallocentrist, heteropatriarchalist, or other violation of the rules of political correctness, known or unknown, I am not sorry and I encourage you to get over it.

Reply to
Bill Kambic

So, um, was there a coyote chasing after it?

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Mary

Reply to
Mary Shafer

or a wasp down yer pants.

;o)

Jay In AZ

Reply to
Jay Beckman

Yeah - that's it!

But was it Herb that said that, or is my memory fading?..

Reply to
Rufus

...or a bee stuck in the ear flap of your helmet...

Reply to
Rufus

My favorite is - BIRDBALL.MPEG

Click on BIRDBALL

Reply to
Jake Donovan

As skinny as they are, no self respecting coyote would bother!

Bill Shuey :-)

Reply to
William H. Shuey

bees are uaually smart about roads. ever notice they almost always go over at 20 feet or more?

i like pachinko jokes better.

It was Mr. "Big Guy" Carlson (Gordon Jump).

Reply to
John Miller

I must have caught a dumb one...stung the snot out of my ear before I could kill it.

And another gal I know had one go up the sleeve of her jacket during a ride once...good thing it wasn't her throttle arm/hand...

Reply to
Rufus

Was surprised by a pheasant bouncing off the windscreen of my car as I drove through a forest at about 60mph. As the glass didn't break I didn't grouse... ;-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Pedley

sure it easn't a wasp? they are stupid.

Al Superczynski

On ACME rocket skates??

RobG (meep - meep)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Bill, now you're telling tall tales.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Which begs the question.... What were you doing with snot in your ear? Or are you a thalidomide baby? :-)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg