WW1 a/c colors

Does anyone have an idea where I can find a guide or info on WW1 a/c colors or their modern equivilents? Maybe what paint manufactureres carry a line of colors?

Thank in advance Keith

Reply to
Blowjoe50

My first thought is: Try buying one of the Osprey modelling books. I don't know if they do any of the WWI aircraft, but it's worth a try.

Spudgun

Reply to
Spudgun

the ballentines have coloe pics..amd the cavendish too.

Al Superczynski

Al Superczynski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well, be obvious, why doncha?

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Sorry about that...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Humbrol had a very nice category of tins, that was of this category. They had an "RFC Green" which was a very neat brownish Khaki/OD. (or...just mix orange + black).

But remember, equating "WWI colors" with "accurate color matches", is pretty silly, when you think about it...Just remember how wide and varied WW TWO colors were....

Reply to
Greg Heilers

The WW1 colors in Pollyscale's line of acrylics are good enough for me.....

Reply to
RC Boater

Mr. Huntley is indeed a scholar on such topics. But also consider that in many such "research papers", the author(s) frequently include tidbits such as their color sample(s) coming from a piece(s) that had been in dark, dry, clean, undisturbed, etc., storage for many years (to show that they had not been ravaged by time...). But doesn't this just show that such genuine articles *do* alter under normal/standard circumstances; thus making the term "accurate color" less meaningful in the real world?

Reply to
Greg Heilers

AFAIK, Humbrol has discontinued the 'Green'. Bugger.

Don't let Ian Huntley hear you say that. He can take three full pages to get to approximately what shade PC 10 is. Fascinating, but almost too much info.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Good point, but the samples are preserved to show what the standard is/was. It's a very good idea to know whence you're starting before going on to apply your weathering and fading.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill, that point is lost on some folks..............

Reply to
Ron