any trick to stop FM expanding?

Just doing a drawing with many sheets, and it is driving me nuts that each sheet keeps expanding when I close them - usually on save or rebuild. Very annoying. I know this has been around for a while, but maybe I missed a setting, or a key combo that solves this. Thanks for solutions if you know one!

Daniel

Reply to
daniel

It is one of the things shown to SW upper mgmnt during the 3 Amigos trip. However, the majority of users aren't bothered by this behavior of the Feature Manager.

Reply to
P.

Oh really. Oh. silly me. :-)

Another question: I do not remember seeing this before - the BOM is shown in the feature manager at the same level as the primary page/sheet. So if you move the sheet to a different position in the FM, the BOM stays in the same place in the FM. I do not remember seeing that before. I thought the BOM would be indented under the sheet it is associated with, no? However, I cannot move the BOM in the FM... so now the sheets and BOMs are out of order - but it does not appear to change the BOM display on the sheet. seems odd.

Daniel

Reply to
daniel

I wish to suggest the possibility that users tolerate this since its not a "show stopper" of a problem and its been around for some time now. Nonetheless, fixing it may be appreciated by a "majority" of the users.

Reply to
John Eric Voltin

stranger still: I tried changing the position of each sheet by dragging the tabs at the bottom of the window to see if that behaves differently. It does. As soon as I did one, all of the BOMs jumped to the top of the FM and are now grouped together. Hmmm. Now I am not sure what was normal.

Reply to
daniel

Reply to
FrankW

Reply to
mark Bannister

Ok there is a bar at the top of the feature manager if you drag it down it will show you two identical FM's. Hit esc a couple of times and right click in an open space in the FM of each FM and choose 'collapse items' and voila no more phantom expansions. Seems that if both are not collapsed on the rebuild the other will expand to match the other. Kind of a pain but it quells my soul...

You can see a picture of this FM bar at:

Ben

Reply to
BEN EADIE

I frikkin hate it too.

Reply to
Mike Grant

Yes, I know the split bar, and I will test that. the explanation that if one is collapsed the other will not pop open makes some convoluted sense, in the buggy software way....

Thanks for the trick,

Daniel

Reply to
daniel