Convert sketches to part

Hi

I have been playing around with some IDF files and importing them then, seems to work pretty well with the freebie cutdown circuitworks you get. I notice that each electrical component is just an extruded sketch, in other words the whole thing is imported as a single part, with lots of features for the individual components. I want some of the components to be accurate models for clearance checking not just a simple extrusion though.... onto the question... ;-)

1.is it possible to convert a part with features, into an assembly, where each feature is a new seperate part? this would make it easy to 'replace part' with the correct full model.

  1. another better way?

Thanks

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Use the split command or cut with surface to remove the offending feature.

Reply to
TOP

TOP

I just tried using split, its *okay* when you have just a few features but when there are many it is a real chore. I was looking for a more automated method. Also when you then replace the part afterwards it is incorrectly oriented (no mates) I guess it would be okay if you could just say save all, rather than doing each one seperately. Would even be okay if it named the file automatically from the feature name. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Rich

Reply to
Rich

TOP

DOH! I hadn't realised the IDF importer creates a multibody part! all of a sudden it becomes easy! (Right click in bodies and save as/create assy for any future readers!)

Take Care

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Rich wrote: If it is a single feature on a board then select the edges where the feature meets the board. Use the surface fill command to create a small surface between the board and the feature. Then use Cut with surface to remove or split to separate.

Reply to
P.