Help with solidworks explorer

Hey guys,

I never have been able to get a handle on this program. I want to copy a similiar assembly to another folder changing the name in the process. It seems simple to "copy children" which gets all the parts that make up the assembly. But how do you get all the linked drawings to copy over also? I started with the assembly drawing in SWexplorer and started a copy operation and checked the "copy children" box and all the parts & subassemblies of the assembly appear in the list but not their associated drawings. Is there a way to do this? Please help....and thanks,

Reply to
Not Necessarily Me

As far as I can tell, drawings are the bastard children of SWX, and must be copied manually, and then have their references pointed to the noew models/assemblies manually one at a time.

I'd love to find a better way, but that is the only way I know of.

Dave

Not Necessarily Me wrote:

Reply to
Dave Nay

Hello,

Instead of the model, start copying/renaming the drawings (and their children) first. That way you copy/rename everything (including models) Hope this helps, it works for me ;)

SL

Not Necessarily Me wrote:

Reply to
Stefan