Lost association of dimension(s) in Drawing

Using SW2008. Using dimensions in my .SLDDRW, i'll go through and make all the appropriate dimesnions, notes, angles, etc, in block color.

Then if I go back to the model, open a sketch, and dimension a sketch, or measure a sketch, but don't make any changes and discard all changes.

When I go back to the .slddrw file, most of the dimensions have turned an olive green color. How can I get them back to black? I know it's not just the color, but how the dimensions are associated to the lines.

thanks, samurai.

Reply to
samurai

I've been seeing this too. Normally a dangling dimension is caused by faces, edges or vertices being internally renumbered. As you, it has been happening all to often without any user initiated changes. Are these imported dimensions or reference dimensions?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

A dangling dimension, that's what it is. Glad to see it's not only me. My dimensions are not imported, they are all created on the .slddrw file.

What does everyone do when that happens? Is there a work around, macro, something to un-dangle the dimensions...dang dimensions!

samurai.

Reply to
samurai

The demo shows that dragging the dim handle to the line it should be attached to "un-dangles" the dim. It sometimes (most times?) works (never did on angle dims that I recall) ... And you have to go though all dangling dims... SW'06 SP5.1

HIH JM

"samurai" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Jean Marc