Re: Sw on the road

"Krister L" wrote in news:bgomjl$r2212$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-131218.news.uni-berlin.de:

Once I get used to the high resolution...(really need reading glasses > for this one)

Are you aware of the DPI setting on the "General" tab in the advanced properties dialog for the display settings? You can set it to "Large" and fonts should be more readable. However, some programs don't deal well with changing this setting. Problems ranging from labels getting cut off or truncated to being unable to see whole sections of a window (the CAMWorks techDB suffers terribly from this).

Reply to
Joel Moore

Yes Joe I'm aware of that, it came with large as default setting ....I increased it to a little bit more then large though....the problem is that without an extra keyboard the screen will get too close to my nose ....maybe my arms are too short :-)....and I sure like the extra workspace in Sw .....it's really neat...the screen is actually a bit wider then a normal 17" so it's plenty of space

Krister

Joel Moore skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:Xns93CE850DB150Casdsadfgasdgadsa@130.81.64.196. ..

Reply to
Krister L

Hello Joel,

Sorry to break in on this thread, but do you have CamWorks? Are you a CNC programmer? I am a long time user of CamWorks myself, both 2.5 and 3D. It's always nice to find somebody to share experiences with. I learned that there is a place inside of MS Access that allows one to change the size of most of the TechDB windows to then work with the large fonts I use on high res monitors. But, in the end, it was mostly too much trouble to monkey with. Are you pleased with CWX? Any cool tricks you've learned?

Sincerely, Jerry Forcier

Joel Moore wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Forcier

Jerry Forcier wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

Yes, we do have CAMWorks and while I wouldn't label myself a CNC programmer I have done some fairly complex stuff with it. We have a guy working here now that is taking over the role of CW programmer (at least in the short term).

You must already be aware of the web board at Teksoft. Not very active but usually you can get answers there.

I wasn't aware it was possible to edit the size of the TechDB windows. I tried opening the front end in Access but since it's an MDE file there's nothing editable. Do you recall how you did it?

I suppose overall we're pleased with CW. It's certainly allowed us to do more advanced projects than what we could with just BobCAD (blechh). It does manage to frustrate the hell out of me and sometimes it would actually be easier to just do certain tasks in BobCAD.

Also, we really haven't taken the time to massage our TechDB so the whole dream of "one-click" machining really hasn't come to fruition. I'd be curious to find out how many companies (other than Teksoft and their VARS) have really put the time into maintaining the TechDB.

I don't know. I probably refer to them as "workarounds".

Reply to
Joel Moore

Well....

Auctually it's not me affording it, but the company I work for ...even though I'm a small shareholder...and I guess they value my time much enough, not to have me waiting for ever on rebuilds and savings....that's money too in the end...a lot of money......this one ended up at around $7K...and I remember a while back when looking for a workstation, I compared Dell and Compaq...and a similar Compaq was roughly $2K more ...

Krister

Markus Wankus skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet: snipped-for-privacy@news1.on.sympatico.ca...

Reply to
Krister L

Nice. Well - enjoy it. If I had the money that is definitely what I would have gone for...

Reply to
Markus Wankus