Solidworks crashes when I insert a DXF file into a part.

Hi,

I have a Gerber file that I have saved as a DXF file. I have done this because I wish to import the design into Solidworks and give the design three dimensions. When I "insert/DXF" and then choose the DXF file, the import Wizard window appears. After I click on "finish" Solidworks stops responding. I have "opened" the DXF file into Solidworks with no problems. What is going on here? Any ideas?

Thank You tom_cip snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Teece

Tom,

Can you obtain an IDF file of your Gerber data? If so, then CircuitWorks

will automatically build a 3D SolidWorks assembly of your design.

Stan

Reply to
Stan