SW2007 sp3.1 CRASHES with one flange!

This has to be the funniest thing I have EVER seen with Solidworks.

The part:- Base flange

1 deg edge flange

No holes, edge treatment, nothing!

when I try to flatten it, Solidworks crashes BIG time, straight off the screen. Sometime runtime errors and once saying solidworks has encountered an error!, DOH, I would have never have guessed! I have tried loads of different values, kfactor, bend deduction, allowance, etc...

I am not even ranting, it is just soooooo *%^&$ funny, it's ...........................CRAP!

:-O

Reply to
pete

Hi Pete

Do a new installation of SW and choose repair....sounds like a registry propblem.

Reply to
Krister_L

Thanks Krister for the reply.

This is happening, on more than one machine, for the same part.

Making a new part works, so something during the conversion, has killed this file.

I have a suspicion that I will see this a lot moreof this, as I open more

2006 files!

:-(

The thing that really annoys me, is that this time, I waited to sp 3.1 before upgrading.

"10. Ahhh...I see the screw-up fairy has visited us again."

lol

Reply to
pete

Well....

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago...after installing SW2008 Beta on one of my machines. Suddenly one specific command in SW 2007 Sp3.1 just send me to the desktop everytime I tried it, leaving a "runtime error" message on the screen. That's why I thougt it was a registry problem. A repair install saved me at that time.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Think I'll wait for SP 4, before I install it. SP 4 has seemed to be a pretty lucky number for me.

Reply to
Bo

"Bo" a écrit dans le message de news:

So far, the best number I had for SP's was 10 (SW2001). Never got it since, I suppose it's why people around got upset about SW.

Reply to
Jean Marc

I was hoping for lucky number 7, but that hasn't happened in many years. Seriously, does anyone know if they plan on releasing additional service packs for 2007. Or have they already jumped ship.

Reply to
euchre45887

Seriously, does anyone know if they plan on releasing

The policy for the last several releases has been to release one more service pack after the next release is out. The also seem to target about 5 service packs per release. SP 4.0 is just out (or is it pre-release?) so expect SP5.0 some time after 2008 is out (it's in beta now).

Reply to
Dale Dunn