Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

learning to program VB macro for SW
is there any good tutorials on the web for VB macroing for SolidWorks, or does anyone can comment on this book: Gil Alsberg
4
4

Hole Wizard sketch entities
Is there some known reason that you can't use the move/copy/rotate tools on sketch entities inside a HW sketch? You can't even Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V to speed things up. WT
1
1

PDMWorks 2007
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, SW Corp, in their infinite stupidity, decides to eliminate the PDMWorks Workgroup standalone client app. HUGE MISTAKE! PDMWorks is now Integrated into SW...
4
4

Custom Property Type Number decimal precision
Group, I am trying to create a custom property with type number and linking it to an annotation. I want to display it 0.00 format. I have set the document format set to 2 decimal places but annotation...

API -- Change dimension in part without opening it?
What I want to do is locate a part file on the system by name, including folder, save that under a new name, and with that newly saved part, change a dimension and save it, without opening anything....
9
9

CSWP exam, is test current with 2007 release?
I was under the impression that the CSWP exam ran a release or so behind the current SW release. In other words, a test taken today would really be a test that only covers material up through SW 2006....
2
2

Image quality macro
I want to make a macro that instantly ups the image quality. As little work as it is, I'm tired of going to the document properties to up the shaded and draft quality resolution. This is probably...
5
5

Memory usage in drawings sw2006sp5.1
While in a drawing, there is considerable disk thrashing while doing simple stuff like editing dim text, etc. I looked at the memory usage in the winxp task mgr performance screen. My machine (a...
3
3

Thought I would Share... Tis the Season!
Hi, In this time of giving... I thought I would share with you my latest "gift"... I arrogantly thought I had gotten every possible format of drawing given to me by clients... boy was I wrong! I just...
3
3

Prototype machine shop that can take SW files
Hello. I am in a school project making a hydraulic assembly in SolidWorks. I need to make some prototypes. The device I am designing is a square billet aluminum block 15x15x15cm that has a circular...
2
2

tapped hole into tapered surface
I am trying to use hole wizard and put a tapped hole into a tappered surface, but the tapped hole need to be perpendicular to the cone axis. I keep getting the warning" no valid edges for the cosmetic...
1
1

How to make a circular and rectangular cut on a curved surface in SW
Hello I am a student, I am trying to draw a circular cut and a rectangular cut on a _curved_ surface. The cut I am trying to do is on the curved face of a cylinder. I know how to make a cut on a flat...
5
5

Learning is Great!!!!
I've done only the Essentials course and am looking for a job here in Tucson (freelance will do), and so in the mean time I've been copying/drawing some things. WELL I just learned that if you unclik...
2
2

November PhotoWorks Contest Winner
Congratulations to Lin Shaodun on winning the November PhotoWorks Contest with his "chopper" rendering. The voting was close all week and the top three images were actually tied for first place for a...

hotels in NO?
Any suggestions - rates, deals locations. I've never been there before so I definately out of my element! Zander
8
8