Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3 Gig Switch
What is this? Someone said that it lets the MS OS access more memory. What was he talking about? I am running XP Home, SP2, P4, 3 GH, 1.5 GigRam and a Visontek Radeon X1300. And SW 07 SP1. Is this...
5
5

VB6 or VB.net for newbie programmer
Hello all programmers, I have two colleges getting ready to take a programming course. At our business, we have several programs in VB6. These programs will need maintenance and/or upgrading as time...
2
2

Excellent Solidworks DVD Video Tutorials.
Hi there, Just wanted to let you know, that I just purchased the latest DVD Series 2 Step by Step Video Tutorials disk from Ebay, and I just received it today. It's well worth it, and packed with...
1
1

Meridian software-parts and assemblies are losing their references
The company I work for uses meridian as our file management software. As long as I have been here we have had issues with it losing references within an assembly (solidworks). Until this morning, this...

Anyone have experience with the new AlienWare workstations ?
My company is looking into purchasing a new workstation to run SolidWorks on. After pricing out the Dell, and then comparing a comparably equiped Alienware, the AlienWare is significantly cheaper....
4
4

Shaded, edges visible in drawing
I'm having a problem inserting assemblies in a drawing rendered shaded with edges visible. Some of the parts do not have edges visible, others do. This is what it looks like. It does the same thing on...
1
1

Part losing color
Someone try this for me, please. Open a part file, select the part name at the top of the tree and apply a color to the whole part. Turn it all red, or something. Now go the config tab and...
9
9

OT: T-FLEX
b2sganVzdCB0byBhc3Npc3QgTXVnZ3MgZnV0dXJlIHNlYXJjaGVzIGhlcmUgaXMgYW4gT1QgdGhy ZWFkCnNwZWNpZmljYWxseSBmb3IgdGhlIGN1cmlvcyBhYm91dCBULUZMRVguLi4KClQtRkxFWCBp...
16
16

Message
Hi guys, Will you do me a favor? Please respond to this when you see it. For some bizarre reason, I'm not seeing my own posts in Agent any more. I'm wondering if I've filtered myself or what. Thanks,...
1
1

swworld sunday?
Is there any reason to show up on Sunday? The agenda for that day is a little empty. Zander
8
8

DIMENSION ANGLE ON CONE IN DRAWING FILE
Trying to dimension the angle of a cone shape in the front view of my drawing file. Smart dimension will not let me do it. Anyone know a way around this?
4
4

SW to Rhino
Have a need to convert Solidworks assemblies to Rhino to use the assembly as nurbs surfaces for a graphical application. Anybody recommend the best way to export the SW assy so that Rhino will import...
2
2

Re: Clueless Strikes Again
You mean the clueless person that still doesn't grasp how to post to usenet? Or the clueless person that thinks anyone gives a shit about their anal feud with their clueless counterpart? Nevermind,...

DWG Conversions
Well, I've just had the luxury of doing my first SolidWorks Drawing to DWG conversion. It's looking like I'm going to have to tweak my title blocks (again) and conversion scripts to get things looking...

Version conversion utility ?
Anyone ever heard of a SolidWorks version conversion utility - something to make our files backwards compatable for our customers running older versions of SolidWorks ? We run 2007, and some of our...
9
9