Latest threads in Solidworks CAD Design softwareshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Which addin do you need?
I second that request... Seth
30
30

Re: Who Needs PW2
Devin, For PW1, that's pretty sweet and real looking for that lighting enviroment! With PW2, I'd say you can easily raise the level of realism a few more head turns. Well, with the render hit (-) time...
4
4

SWX 2003 Benchmark
whatever happened to the SPECapc benchmark for SWX2003? It was due by 2nd quarter according to GPC News. SPEC GWPG – Graphics and Workstation Performance Group
8
8

Re: What happened to the...
perhaps they had to issue a SP?

Budget Graphics Cards?
I'd appreciate any input on budget graphics cards for about $ 100. Does the nVidia FX 5200 128MB perform better than the Geforce4? I see the FX 5200 has open GL support. Thanks

Can the SoftQuadro4 install be done on a Geforce4 Go?
Hey everyone, Trying to run SolidWorks on my new Toshiba 5105 while on business trips. It has the 32meg geforce 4 go 460 chip in it. The problem starts when I have multiple windows open. The thing...
1
1

Cosmos Express?
Is there a way to get an actual "inch" dimension on how far a part is actually deflecting after doing an analysis on a bracket using cosmos express?
8
8

Re: square shaft
why is it bad ? what's the problem ? I see no reason why you would have all dimension in sketches... But if you really want this, draw a construction sketch with all those dimensions, then use...
2
2

CATIA REPLACING SOLIDWORKS?
Is this rumar true? Has any one else herd this? I sure hope not.
7
7

Predefined paper orientation in drawings?
Hi, do you have any problems with paper orientation that is defined for drawing template? In my case it's changing but just for about 5-10 % of the drawings, so when it should be portrait it's...

LASERS
What's a good place to find out about learning how to use SW with stereolithography? Also, I understand there is a type of "printing" device that uses a form of plaster to build actual models from...
2
2

HELP - Modeling pipe threads
Hello, I am trying to model a 1.5" tapered NPT thread onto a fluorescent lamp holder we are planning to die-cast. I've pulled all the numbers out the Machinery's handbook, created (what I think) are...
3
3

CATIA to Solidworks conversion
Has anyone converted files from CATIA to SW2001+ or newer? If yes, how well did it work? I would like to maintain the assembly data from CATIA to do exploded views in SW and would appreciate any...
8
8

Honda GXV160 5.5hp Engine
Does anyone have a model to share. Corey

Problem with collision detection in 2003 with all the service packs
Hi, I have made an assembly with a box section with a two holes through it. There is a metal rod that passes through the box section. The rod has a 7mm slot with a circlip, (7.2mm inside dia and 11mm...
2
2