Any suggestions for HO gradient?

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:25:42 +0100, Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

Don't you mean 2 cm per meter?

Larry Blanchard wrote:

He probably doesn't but as 20mm = 2cm you are just as right.
--
Venlig hilsen/Best regards
Erik Olsen

Since 20 mm equals 2 cm I mean both....
Klaus
On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:48:15 +0100, Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

I *knew* my eyes were going bad. I originally read that as 2 mm, not 20. My mistake.

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:52:40 -0600, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Yes, that is exactly the same, there are 10 mm in 1 cm.
--
Groet, salut, Wim.

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:25:42 +0100, Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

Correct. 20 mm = 2.0 cm = 2 hundredth of a meter.

?????? Absolute nonsens.
--
Groet, salut, Wim.

Wim van Bemmel skriver:

Nope.
100mm incline needs 5 meters of track.
Klaus
On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 23:17:11 +0100, Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

The statement was 100mm equals 5 m. Not "needs".
--
Groet, salut, Wim.

Wim van Bemmel wrote:

And everybody except you realised what was meant. Pedantry and stupidity make a fierce combination.
a_a_a wrote:

But "Obvious" stupidity needs to be slapped down, otherwise we descend into a morass of misunderstanding.
JMHO
Chuck D.
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 23:10:59 +1100, a_a_a wrote:

Selectively cutting can make stupidity of any message.
--
Groet, salut, Wim.

On Feb 21, 4:17pm, "Klaus D. Mikkelsen"

How about just building your scenery so that it appears that you are climbing but in reality you are running on a flat track? John
NICHE541 skriver:

No thanks, My layout has no need for in og declines.
It is flat as a pancake.
Klaus

This won't work if the OP needs to really climb to an upper level of a two (or more!) level layout.

--
Robert Heller -- 978-544-6933
On 2/22/2009 9:02 AM NICHE541 spake thus:

Ah, the "Mystery Spot" approach to model railroading. Could be interesting ...
--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:17:11 +1300, Klaus D. Mikkelsen

No! You have 5m of horizontal length and 100mm of rise. That's 5001mm (rounded) of track.
Greg.P.
Greg.Procter wrote:

If you use flex track in one metre lengths or less you'll should subtract distance between rail ends. That could easily be more than 1mm total for a lenght of 5m.
--
Venlig hilsen/Best regards
Erik Olsen

I buy my rail from Peco (UK)(code 75) and ME (USA)(code 70) so I can't lay meter lengths. ;-(
Greg.P. NZ
Greg.Procter wrote:

" ... or less" as I wrote.
--