Chicago and NY,NY hobby shops

I am going to be visiting NYC for a week and want to to know what hobby shops not to miss. My scale is HO.
I'll also be stopping over in Chicago, on Amtrak, and wondered if there
are any hobby shops near the station. I'll have 5 hours if they're on time. ;-)
Kirk
Kirk, I think you may be disappointed. I don't consider any of the shops still in Manhattan to be in the "do not miss" category. Certainly, there are none here of the class of Caboose Hobbies in Denver or several of the others that are on the West Coast. Honestly, the more famous establishments in NYC might more correctly be classified as holes in the wall! Train World out on the Island might be worth the trip but it's been years since I've been there. The truly great hobby shops once located in Manhattan are long gone.
CNJ999
Nearest hobby shop to Union Station in Chicago is Zientek's Model Trains, 2001 W 18th ST. Phone is 312-226-9720. Zientek's was the subject of an article in the Tribune Sunday magazine about the model railroad shop on the second floor up over the neighborhood corner tavern. For us modelers, its everything 20 percent off. Hours 11:30 to 5:30. No credit cards because of the downstairs family owned tavern...which does little business nowadays. He carries a full stock, except Athearn/Horizon. There's tons of old stuff...at original prices...its like shopping in a museum.
Exit Union Station on the Clinton ST side, walk block and a half south, go down into subway. Catch Blue Line/ Cermack Branch. Ride to 18th ST station, walk three blocks west or transfer to 18th ST bus. Next station is Damen AV and its about the same distance from the shop. From Damen station you'd walk three blocks north or transfer to the Damen AV bus.
David Harrison Contractor, MSI Great Train Story