model railroad shops in Zurich

I'll be in Zurich next week with some extra time to visit model railroad shops. I'll be near the Hauptbahnhof. Anybody got any good shops to suggest?

Reply to
Jeff Scherb

I was just in Zurich a couple of months ago. You'll probably want to try Zuba-Tech, about five minutes from the Hbf at Stampfenbachstrasse 14. Take the first bridge across the river toward the Central tram station, and head up Stampfenbachstrasse. Good selection of N and HO euro outine, nice prices, and there were a bunch of people who spoke english there. Also, there's Eisenbahn Center or Eisenbahnmodell, Marktgasse 10, near the Rathaus, about 10 minutes walk from Hbf, or a very short tram ride (go to Rathaus station, Marktgasse is a little alleyway on the left as you look toward the lake). They have the BEST stock of European N and HO I've ever seen in any store. The boss spoke pretty good english, and had not too bad prices. The big toy store, Franz Carl Weber on Banhofstrasse (leave the station by the Banhofstrasse exit from the Shopville mall under the station and walk down the street until you see the sign with the rocking horse, it's on the left as you face south), has a great selection of model stuff of all kinds, including trains, but they're more expensive than the other two places I mentioned. But all their clerks speak good English... You may also want to check out the Swiss Railways Society model shop directory,

that helps. Jacob Newman

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:15:19 GMT, "Jeff Scherb" incanted the following arcanum:

->I'll be in Zurich next week with some extra time to visit model railroad

->shops. I'll be near the Hauptbahnhof. Anybody got any good shops to

->suggest?

->

---------- "It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information." Oscar Wilde

Reply to
Jacob Newman

thanks!

"Jacob Newman .att.net>" I was just in Zurich a couple of months ago.

Reply to
Jeff Scherb