June 10, 2005 Report. 890+ Missouri Railroad Depots. Biggest batch of updates yet. Having problems.

Hi All

This time, I have 37 depots listed that include 40 new photos. This is the largest batch I Have put out yet at one time. I didn?t start out to do that with this update, but my regulars like Rodger McKinney and new contributor Jay Anderson really got on a roll. Of course, my regular William Bunch made sure I wouldn?t get lazy, so he also sent more .

I have a new "Unknown" in my listings. I was informed by Walter Ohrnell that the building I said was Maitland was in fact not! He even sent a photo to prove it. Thanks Walter. The question now is, what was the building I showed as Maitland. You tell me.

I said I was having problems. I am, but, they are the good kind. When I started this web site, I never believed I would have the problems I?m beginning to have now.

Growing Pains.

Yep, the site is getting so big, I?m beginning to have problems with the size of a lot of my listings. To keep them user friendly, and easier for me to update, I?m having to split them. You will notice that on my pages as you browse. I?m also adding the Railroad names to each name in the complete listing page. You will see that grow some each time you look at the site.

Tell me what you think.

While you are looking the listings over, do me a favor. Check out the "M" listings on the complete list. You have probably noticed in the past, that one is Different because it is a test. The alternate stripes are done automatically. The potential problem is, it is done with a java script. This may be causing some of you problems.

I like the idea of the stripes. I think it makes it easier on the user. BUT, if you are having trouble with it, or just plain don?t like it, tell me now. My vague plans are to maybe in the future, do all my listings that way if I can figure out how. Now?s the time to stop me.

Stay Tuned, lots more to come.

Jack Forbes

HiJack
*** While you are looking the listings over, do me a favor. Check out the "M" listings on the complete list. You have probably noticed in the past, that one is Different because it is a test. The alternate stripes are done automatically. The potential problem is, it is done with a java script. This may be causing some of you problems. I like the idea of the stripes. I think it makes it easier on the user. BUT, if you are having trouble with it, or just plain don't like it, tell me now. My vague plans are to maybe in the future, do all my listings that way if I can figure out how. Now's the time to stop me.

The "M"s worked fine for me on WebTV with IE, Jack. I've already put my computer to bed for tonight so I can't check it there until tomorrow. Using a bit later version of IE there.

I must say, you have been hard at work on your enormous project. Looks great!

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
to 1,100 sites:

Bill

Bill

Thanks for the information. Most of my time right now is took up doing my updates. Once in awhile, I'll do some tweaking and tuning up just to be doing something different. I hope the site just gets better and better.

Jack

Reply to
HiJack

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:01:27 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@fidnet.com shared this with the world:

It looks fine on Firefox (1.0.4-windowsXP) . I assume this:

what you wanted it to look like.

Reply to
Kent Ashton

Kent

Sorry it took so long to get back.

Yes, that's what it is supposed to look like. A brighter yellow then white. I'm hoping the striping of colors in the tables help the user scan the names easier.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jack

Reply to
HiJack