Looking for DC Metro Subway Cars

I'm looking for models of the DC Metro Subway for my son -- any scale. Does anyone know where I might find these?

Thanks.

Mike

Reply to
mike

I recall ads in Model Railroader in the late-1970s or early-1980s that had "tinplate" O gauge DC Metro cars. I believe the manufacturer was Elliot (somebody). My 72 year old brain is having a hard time remembering.

History of N Scale:
's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

--=AD---------------------

---------------------

Now I remember! I believe it was was Eliott Welz that had the DC Metro cars.

History of N Scale:
's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys:
to 1,200 sites:

Bill

You'd think there would be a place that specializes in the urban railroad models. I've been dying to find some HO scale equipment for any of TMTC's rolling stock...

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I think they used to be available from Athearn in HO. Possibly they were repaints of their BART cars.

If they're not in the current catalog you could try on EBAY.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

They were from Walthers, and in HO scale, but over 2 decades ago.

Reply to
Sir Ray

On 8/10/2007 6:31 AM Sir Ray spake thus:

Not sure about that: I seem to remember they were in the 2000 catalog, which I still have around here, somewhere. (These cars were available in either BART or DC Metro paint.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl