Looking for DC Metro Subway Cars

I'm looking for models of the DC Metro Subway for my son -- any scale. Does anyone know where I might find these?
Thanks.
Mike
On Aug 9, 7:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@integralearn.com wrote:

I recall ads in Model Railroader in the late-1970s or early-1980s that had "tinplate" O gauge DC Metro cars. I believe the manufacturer was Elliot (somebody). My 72 year old brain is having a hard time remembering.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Bill's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,200 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links

Now I remember! I believe it was was Eliott Welz that had the DC Metro cars.
Bill Bill's Railroad Empire N Scale Model Railroad: http://www.billsrailroad.net Brief History of N Scale: http://www.billsrailroad.net/history/n-scale Bill's Store--Books, Trains, and Toys: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bookstore Resources--Links to 1,200 sites: http://www.billsrailroad.net/bills-favorite-links
On Aug 9, 4:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@integralearn.com wrote:

You'd think there would be a place that specializes in the urban railroad models. I've been dying to find some HO scale equipment for any of TMTC's rolling stock...

I think they used to be available from Athearn in HO. Possibly they were repaints of their BART cars.
If they're not in the current catalog you could try on EBAY.

They were from Walthers, and in HO scale, but over 2 decades ago.
On 8/10/2007 6:31 AM Sir Ray spake thus:

Not sure about that: I seem to remember they were in the 2000 catalog, which I still have around here, somewhere. (These cars were available in either BART or DC Metro paint.)