MDC HO and HOn3 Shays?

I'll take that as a compliment!

Reply to
Greg Procter

You mean like wanting self-government instead of foreign power controlled corruption? (Cuba, Iraq) You mean things like trying to reunite one's country after centuries of being occupied by foreign powers? (Korea, Vietnam) Being close to nations wanting to reunite ...? (Laos) You mean like trying to turn your nation into a drug free, war-lord free, law abiding nation? (Afghanistan) You mean like wanting self-government instead of Feudal monarchy and corruption? (Saudi, Kuwait)

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Greg Procter" wrote

I meant precisely what *I* said, not whatever straw men *you* choose to erect and then pretend I meant. (Insanity has frequently been defined as repeating the same illucid action over and over again, while resolutely expecting a different result each time.)

You really shouldn't have slept through those English classes.

Reply to
P. Roehling

OK, resistance is futile - we should all bow down and be absorbed by ...

Hell P.R. your system doesn't even work in the resource rich USa, let alone the real world.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Aw, gee, PR, they were not intended as insults. You have a remarkably thin skin. And if you take that as insult, so be it. It's intended as diagnosis. ;-)

Reply to
Wolf K.

Thanks for the note. It's always a bit supportive to find someone whose experiences match your own. BTW, do you think there might be others here who are interested in model railroading? Naw, probably not.

Jerry

Jerry and other MODEL RAILROADERS...

You're probably right... I don't think that there are too many here interested in model railroading. But I'm in to nostalgia... I remember coming here when ALL of the posts were model railroad related. Shucks, coming here nowadays reminds me of the old one liner that goes something like, "I went to see a fight and whaddaya know? A hockey game broke out!" Maybe one of these days, a model railroad discussion will break out as well. In the meantime... as another saying goes, "It's politics as usual!" : )

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

J> Thanks for the note. It's always a bit supportive to find someone J> whose experiences match your own. BTW, do you think there might be J> others here who are interested in model railroading? Naw, probably J> not.

DM:

Yes, but what saddens me even more is that the only people who know how to solve All The Problems are busy cutting hair, driving cabs, and hanging out on Usenet.

OTOH, if not for Usenet, we'd never know that New Zealand is the One Perfect Country On Earth, the only place that has never taken part in the rampant atrocities and misdemeanors of which every other nation is guilty.

Ah well, what can we do.

Anyway, I don't know a thing about the MDC Shays, but I say if you can get a kit for cheap, and want to get it working well, go for it. Try assembling one piece of the mech at a time, and making it as smooth as possible. The worst you can do is gain experience. Says a MRR-er who got an Arbour

4-6-0 for cheap and ended up giving the results to a local watchmaker. No permanent harm done, at least not to me.

A P

Reply to
autobus_prime

I think the MDC Shays can be made to run as well as this message thread has stayed on topic. (grin)

Reply to
bluedevil_1950