Motorizing turntable

Dear all Has anyone had any luck motorizing the HO Peco turntable? Care to share? its driving me up the wall!! I'm trying to use a "meccano"
type motor with gears, and it sucks... Rob

Rob, you may like to ask the same question on uk.rec.models.rail as the Peco turntable is made in the UK, and is a popular table. People have been devising ways of motorising it for decades :-)
--
Graeme

OK, self follow up. Sorry. Just noticed that you have already asked there :-)
There is a kit available, but how good it is, I don't know :
<URL:http://secure.modelrailshop.co.uk/index.html?http%3A//secure.modelra ilshop.co.uk/Turntble_Drive_Kits.html&CatalogBody>
A discussion here :
<URL:http://www.brmodelling.com/forum/view.asp?postID 18>
There are lots of earlier threads in uk.rec.models.rail that may be worth reading. This search of Google may help, if the link works!
<URL:http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=peco+turntable&num 0&scoringr&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=uk.rec.models.rail&as_usubject=&a s_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny81&as_max d=8&as_maxm&as_maxy 05&safe=off>
Alternatively, search eBay for a Fleischmann table :-)
--
Graeme Eldred
http://www.binnsroad.co.uk