On30 Outside Frame 2-8-0 Announced by Bachmann

Good Morning All,

Bachmann, on their website, has announced a outside frame 2-8-0 in On30 for 2004. Right now that is all the info available. Evidently more info will be released shortly at a fall show. While I am at it, in the "Ask Mr. Bach-man" portion of the website was a discussion about sound in engines and how people feel about it. I was interested in one comment that thought it would be nice to have an option on a sound decoder to silence the sound temporarily. Isn't that something that is already available with use of - I believe - function 8 - at least on a Digitrax system?

Bob

Reply to
EBTBOB

F8 is used by Soundtraxx to shut off sound. Any system that can access? F8 can do this, many basic systems can't!

Reply to
Jon Miller

What are some of the DCC systems which use function 8?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Oops! Make that: What are some of the DCC systems which *CAN'T* use function 8?

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Not sure Mark as I use Digitrax DT400s however I would guess MRC, Atlas, etc. I believe function 8 could be remapped to another key if it's really important.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Actually the mute function seems to be the only soundtraxx function that can't be remapped. But you can set them to only come on when being addressed so you don't need the mute function. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove