Polar Express Inaccuracies Explained.

Ken, I loved it, but please: tell folks it was a joke. It's obvious that the Bush/Pinocheney campaign and the War on Everything has exhausted the capacity of people to comprehend irony and satire.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Is it hard to walk with one leg that much longer than the other?

Reply to
Steve Caple

This whole thread is just a joke anyway. But the poster asked if PM was connected to CSX. It is and that is what I answered. The issue is not steam design.

It's all a joke anyway.

Reply to
Charles Woolever

Yes, as many other folks have said, it is a joke. And it seems to have been a good one. I wonder how many more folks will miss the humor of it?

Reply to
Ken Rice

Salvé Ian G. Mathers skrev i diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet: snipped-for-privacy@news.tera-byte.com...

No US company could own Waelshaerts mechanism patents or heusinger as it is also known, W was Belgian and H German (Preussian I think) no more than they could own Adams or Robertson or Gooch grab link patents :) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

No, but just about everything on it designed by the Advisory Mechanical Committee in conjunction with the three big builders and the specialty suppliers. All of the Van Sweringen controlled roads - C&O and PM included - used the AMC design locos. So when I read the first post I was inclined to take it at face value, since there is a relationship, however tenuous, between PM and CSX...

As for the movie, I won't be seeing it - I can't stand Tom Hanks.

Reply to
Mark Newton