Re: Cancel flights, that is a joke, stupid US

Brian Paul Ehni wrote:

Well, after all, they had those B-17s to protect them <g>
--
Steve Caple

Hey Mr Military genius, what have you ever done in your life worth a crap except whine about 60 year old news OTHERS made on a model train group? Congrats on how far you have come.

How refreshing, someone who knows world history and doesn't goose step to the American movies and history books
Comrade Commissar Rathburne can always be counted on to defend the party line. Without having to be asked or ordered he always rushes forward to protect the ruling elite. Hail Comrade Rathburne, a true Stalinist through and through.
Eric
Commissar Rathburne wrote:
You are an idiot.

You are laughing about that but stop and think for a minute. Why would terrorist kill the French people and use a French plane. The French were not involved in the war against Iraq or Al Qeada. British planes for sure but not the French. They are a good hearted peace loving people
MSgeek wrote:

The US provided weapons and technology to Iraq - what's your problem?

Fummy, just when did Iraq attack the US? I thought Al Queda did that
I think all of you could use a lighten up a bit.....but my opinion, as a genetic mongrel with more mixed blood than you probably can imagine..... the single group that I would doubt has ever run from any fight would be the Scots. They were saying free or dead long before anyone else......and none have ever conquered them. John H.
Salv

Dear Steve, your ignorance is acceptableif you are an american...... The Scots originated in Ulster or Northern Ireland and colonised Caledonia (land of the Caleds) after the romans basicsally exterminate the Caleds through starvation , the Scots colonised the now empty land (its not a long row, you can see Scotland from N.Ireland) and created the land called Dal Riada,, which later becsame known as Scotland, the Scots have existed in Ulster for the better part of 9000 years, the irish (southern Irish) have been there for about 2500 years, and have attempted for th best part of that period to dispossess the Scots of their lands in Ulster, they actually have some of the principality, to the bizarre point that southern Ireland lies to the NORTH of Northern Ireland :) Beowulf
Salv

the
Compared to the Sam who have lived in Scandinavia for more than 25000 years the scots (mixed blood lot) have only just arrive, and the Sam have been heavily persecuted down over the years, they werent allowed to live in HOUSES in Sweden until 1950..... they have stayed in the same place defending their land all that time , and managed to do it without going to war once. beowulf
Salv

the
Thats why London is the capital city and not Edinburgh or Cardiff? Beowulf

Um, our Constitution dates back to 1787...
Dieter Zakas
salv

and how long ago did women get the vote? 1787? in which case universal democracy existed from that date not 1787, or dont women count in your system? Beowulf

Beowulf,
1920, when the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was ratified.
I will readily admit that our system is far from perfect; after all, it took a civil war to free people of a different color, and another generation for women to get the vote. It's relatively easy to legislate; changing people's mindset about someone or something is much more difficult. To this day, racism and chauvinism continue to exist, sometimes in disguise, and occasionally rear their ugly heads.
Dieter Zakas
Salv

took a

In the British Empire it took an act of Parliament to stop the Slave trade (1800) and another act of Parliament to forbid the ownership of slaves (1832/33) no wars involvedthough 60,000 british seamen died guarding the Fever Coast between 1800 and the end of the US civil war. Thats democracy.
and another generation for women

mindset
If you have to have a war to change people mindset then the chances are you wont change it, just look at Rathburn! and okiepokie!! Racism as it exists today is almost 100% an american product, which has sadly been exported, bigotry on the other hand has always existed worldwide.
Beowulf

Seriously?
Salv

Yes as formulated today it is, it is basically the result of the slave trade arguments FOR slavery of black africans, this philosophical argument was for the most part an american phenomenum , in other ntions the arguments was not if a colour was important but if slavery itself could be defended upon any truly Christian grounds or humanitarian either for that matter, the resounding answer was that slavery could never bedefended, only in the USA and Haiti did people have to go to war to "free" the slaves, before anyone accuses me of americabashing, I am not! These things had to be sorted out for the advancement of the human race as a whole, it is just unfortunate that people had to die to prove a point. I have a personal theory that 1 year of war equals 100 years of bitterness, it seems to me that the (in this area) British model was superior to the USA/Confederate model (I cant speak for other nations as I dont know how they sorted the problem out.), we live on the results of the work of others, let us hope that our heritage, the one we pass on is as good as the one we have inherited. Beowulf
Beowulf wrote:

Ask him about Blacks.
Get over it. You are jealous of us and we think it is funny. You speak our language, use the computers and software and internet we invented. Go use YOUR language and computers and oh, wait, you don't have any...........
HAHAHA. It is a new year, TRY to find a life this one huh other than bashing the good old USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salv

The computer is not an american (US) invention, the internet is NOT an American invention (though www is) software is not an american (US) invention and you are using MY language matey not one of your own invention! The USA is not old and in certain areas is far from good, however saying that I like most americans, and Chevvy vans but find you to be a splinter in the arse as humanity slides down the bannister of life. Beowulf