Re: Cancel flights, that is a joke, stupid US

My profits in stocks are more than your assets. Have fun with your social security and WIC..................

Reply to
MrRathburne

Steve, you are an idiot.

Reply to
MrRathburne

I rarely go to a bar, but I'm not against going for a social drink once in a while. I have found that more than a wineor beer or two with a meal doesn't do much for my modelling abilities.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

What was stolen?

connotations in NZ to the USa.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

I've had family members and friends suffer from that type of illness - I've never heard anything but praise for the system in such emergencies. OTOH, I have friends who complain about the waiting lists for what is termed "elective surgery". Examples: breast reduction and cataract removal.

as meddling

racism of

innate sense

when faced

will always

have need for

health care, a comprehensive social

can from Asia and Europe etc.

with the exception that we are a

We do of course have the option of

described as "reasonable" or "excessive"

anyone from joining a private health

gain share or vice versa then the

right here.

experiences and data and we aren't

so we learn and improve. (with the

and cancer at the same time to

All we need is some volunteers!

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Salvé

and cancer at the same time to

All we need is some volunteers!

I had a major Stroke in June would my total costs for hospitalisation, nursing, cat scans various (painful!!) examinations by specaialists over a three month period plus my rehab costs be of interest? 1200 Swedish Kronor. Unfortunately my medicinal costs will be 1000 kronor per year but due to the system I only have to pay a maximum of 1000 kronor which is why that particular sum is the relevant one, the real sum is many times that amount :) I dare say this is rather lower than the USA, I base that on what friends who live in Texas have told me about their medical costs. My lousy spelling is due to partial paralysis on the left side but I try to spell correctly anyway :) I would rather avoid both heart attacks and cancer ( I had benign cancer when in my 20´s in the UK, costs back then £0.) Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf

Beowulf, you can't blame the average US citizen for their flag waving, they have been brainwashed since they were infants about what a great country they have, "USA is the best country in the world" is the common thinking.

When you have been told that ever since you were old enough to hear..... and most have not traveled abroad to see the diference. Some don't even know what goes on in other coutries.

I live in Canada, 200 KM north of Toronto. Again this summer we had 3 different groups of Americans coming up wanting to ski. You try to tell them that Toronto is the same latitude as San Francisco, we ask if they are skiing 100 miles north of San Francisco and we are told "don't be silly, it is summer there."

Another interesting piece of trivia is about selling beer in Ontario. All beer in Ontario is sold via a government run store. Originally the name was "Brewer's Retail", but about 10-12 years ago, they changed the name to "The Beer Store", I had a friend who managed one, he said the government changed the name so the American tourists would know where to get their beer.

Americans are great people, even if a great majority are uninformed about the world.

Reply to
wannand

Thanks for the kind words. I think.

Perhaps you have been brought up thinking Canada is a lousy country? I can't imagine many places worth living in that DON'T have a populace that believes theirs is the best country! The difference is knowing that, while you live in a great country, there are OTHER great countries (and some not so great, sadly).

Do all Canadians (Swedes, etc.) Know "what goes on in other countries? I think not.

Perhaps you should actually take a look at a map of the world, including the latitude lines. Toronto is a good 500km (?) higher in latitude than San Francisco, and you're adding another 200km to that. Having said that, it's pretty stupid to expect snow in the summer in Canada, but then they WERE from 'Frisco, right?

I suppose you've never also traveled to another country and been unfamiliar with local custom. I'm sure I've never even been in another state and not able to readily find my way around. For example, In New Jersey, in many places you have to take a right turn to cross against traffic and effect a left hand turn. Even after living there for several months, I occasionally forgot I had to do that.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

You guys have a miracle down there!!!

FREE health care. Nobody pays ANYTHING and the care is PERFECT!!!!

Wow, now how come this is such a secret that it exist NOWHERE ELSE???????

And the doctors are all trained for free, and work for free, and everything just grows on trees for FREE!

Please. Yours meds are getting a little to strong, but since they are free also, you have no reason to slow down on them.

never heard anything but praise for the

waiting lists for what is termed "elective

being a good

depicted as meddling

any western

with racism of

innate sense

thwm when faced

therefore will always

themsselves

railyways in their

on my TV when

both sides of

have need for

health care, a comprehensive social

you can from Asia and Europe etc.

USa, with the exception that we are a

non-existant. We do of course have the option of

described as "reasonable" or "excessive"

stop anyone from joining a private health

gain share or vice versa then the

about right here.

experiences and data and we aren't

world so we learn and improve. (with the

and cancer at the same time to

All we need is some volunteers!

Reply to
MrRathburne

Do you suppose that the cost of your medical care IS actually lower, or that the cost is simply shifted elsewhere? Incidentally, not that anyone cares, but as a credentialed economist, I can authoritatively state that the correct answer is the latter.

Reply to
Dunter Powries

Rath; just don't ask him where his extra tax money goes. Let him believe in Santa, the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny a little longer.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

I was born in the BWI, and raised and educated in Scotland and Canada (Mcgill) and, although I currently reside in the states, if I have been brainwashed, I certainly have no residual conscious recollection of it. The bulk of what is being posted here is uninformed, raw and utter crap. All you're proving is that you are becoming obsessed. Stick to trains.

Reply to
Dunter Powries

Yes, the one group was from California, the second were from Texas and the third from Arizona.

I said corrected, Brian, Toronto is about even with the California-Oregon border, where I live is roughly equivelent to Crater Lake Oregon.

BTW, right now I can see most of the front lawn as green, we had a mild weekend, currently the temperature is -8C but clear skies.

As for Canada knowing about other countries, I think generally they know about USA, British Ilses and Australia the most, with each individual knowing about his family heritage the most. Also, I believe that world history, geography and politics is still a required subject in secondard schools here.

Reply to
wannand

Schools are the same here. People are the same the world over. Some are smarter than others. If I were going to Canada to ski, I would find out the weather conditions and snow conditions before I left (as I did before going to Arizona last weekend - great photos of the Grand Canyon in snow, BTW).

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

The you sir are an above average American :)

I know, someone is going to say only 3 groups (less than 20 people) are not a representation of America....

Reply to
wannand

Actually, no, I was going to say that one individual zipperheaded dolt is representative of all Canadians...

Reply to
Dunter Powries

Reminds me of the story about the top run play on London's west end, "The Madness of Geoarge III" - when they made a movie of it they changed the title ro "The Madness of King George" so Americans wouldn't wonder why they mised I and II.

"Good night Mrs. King . . . "

Reply to
Steve Caple

All I did was report on actual incidents. This is reality.

Reply to
wannand

Or in the movies, Mel Gibson's first big role:

Mad Max was dubbed by the American Distributor becuase it was thought the general Public would not understand the Austrailan language.

Or the follow up movie "The Road Warrior", which wass actually called Mad Max 2, but since the original Mad Max had not done well at the box office (poor distribution is thought to be the cause) they renamed the sequel in North America.

Reply to
wannand

Salvé " snipped-for-privacy@CreditValley.Railway" skrev i meddelandet news:bTdKb.50437$ snipped-for-privacy@read1.cgocable.net...

I like Americans(USA and Canadian and Mexican and Chilean ect) I have fréinds from virtually every nation in the two continents, most of them are from the USA and I enjoy their company very much, I come here for th information that is given by very pleasant and knowledgeable railway modellers, at present due to my partial paralysis I cant model so I have an inordinate amount of time on my hands and so Okie pokie (not an arab or mohomedan ) and ratty tend to get my gore going,and unfortunately the temptation to answr them is too great to resist!! but Ratty does do nice things so he's not a bad bloke really just an unthinking fella.

Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf