Re: Terry Flynn - Unnecessary abuse of

> Terry Flynn wrote: > >> Mark Newton's posts frequently contain the most foul and disgusting > language >> to have been posted on this news group. What a hypricoite and > outright liar. >> I have never called any one on a newsgroup a knave or fool, these are >> typical Mark Newton lies. > > If the language was that bad there'd be a heap of demands to stop. > There isn't, so the problem's all yours. Instead you get abused, > because as far as I can make out you're up yourself and you think > you're better than everyone else. If the stuff on your homepage is > anything to go by, you aren't that shit hot. You suck > .

Also if he is going to take photos of his layout he should at least do them properly. You have to love the vigneting. But arh well, its good enough for him and his mates thats all that matters its a bit like the low res digital shots in AMRM. And yet we see high quality shots of the same layouts when they appear in Continental Modeler, go figure.

But as to Terry himself You had to like when he was attacking Mark Newton over 3801 LTD colour schemes. I seem to recall that one of his modeling aquiantences was on the board of 3801 LTD at the time the thread erupted both in this and in the other Austrailian rail usenet forum. Why did Terry Flynn not complain to this board member?? Instead of hurling names such as broom sweeper and the like at Mark Newton. It sort of makes you wonder.

Reply to
Greg Rudd

Terry Flynn wrote: >

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You reckon you're a tall poppy? What a conceit!

"Tall Poppy (noun) a person who is pre-eminent in a particular field; a person with great wealth or status."

You're dreaming.

You're none of these things.

You're an egotistical turd.

Reply to
mark_newton

Which site was it??? Don't tell me it was this one.

Greg Rudd

I hope you are not critising the "*Tall* *Poppy*"

Reply to
Greg Rudd

Yep, that's where he posted his offerings for all to see.

I hear next month he is going to espouse the virtues of lead acid batteries as a power supply.

Bill Dixon

Reply to
B Dixon

You mean Leyden Jars are out??

Reply to
Joe Ellis

No, I think he's going to advocate flying a kite with a key attached during a thunderstorm...

Reply to
mark_newton

Simpler to use and wire compared to DC cab control Cheaper than DCC.

Excellent choice for those in remote areas using wind turbines and solar panels.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Penis enlargement pills didn't work, eh?

Reply to
mark_newton

Knock it off, Mark. You're acting like a 6 year old on a vendetta.

I disagree with Terry on a lot of things, but don't find it necessary to use juvenile insults.

Reply to
lgb

Just me? No-one else? Out of curiosity, since there are a number of parties involved in this vendetta, why is the instruction to "knock it off" only directed at one party?

I don't disgree with him, I dislike him intensely.

Good for you. But again, you seem to be applying a double standard. Or do you not recognise "expert", "broom pusher", "weekend fireman" and "dummy spitter" as being juvenile insults?

Reply to
mark_newton

Do you feel that the responsibility for _your_ actions relate to a group or are they specifically yours?

"It's not fair, everyone was shouting and I got caught!" That's not a great defense, Mark, it's more an admission of guilt!

Sure, but there are several of you, all aiming insults at Terry. That puts him in the "victim" category, rightly or wrongly.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Greg I think you had better start going though the archives of this group going back to the mid 1990's and I am sure you would change your tune. To my mind he gets as good what he gives.

Reply to
Greg Rudd

My point was that (Mark/you) keep giving. That is _your_ decision.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

So what do you suggest we do instead? Not respond, and allow his lies to go unchallenged?

Reply to
mark_newton

You have every right to defend yourself against allegations made, but that is rather different to attacking an individual. What I've seen here over a few years is ongoing attacks in both directions, with the difference that Terry is outnumbered. BTW, that is my only judgement in the matter.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Well, it's really degenerated into a gainsaying match with each side hurling insults and accusations and not much else. You're like two cats in a sack, and are obviously never going to get along. Most of us have no way of knowing which of you, if either, is the liar, because each claims that it is the other. It's a classic pissing match without hope of a winner, or even any hope of stopping. Not that I care, I have the choice to read or not read. I only read this bit because I saw Greg Procter's header and wanted to see what he had to say. I more or less concur with Greg on this one. Although I really haven't read every single scrap of the tirades, I've read enough to see that there is no end to it. Have fun, it's going to be a very long haul.

Froggy, snipped-for-privacy@thepond.com

Reply to
Froggy

It would be probably wise that we ask Flynn to a few peoples killfile that would probably help.

Reply to
Greg Rudd

Mine alone. Just as Flynn must take responsibilty for his actions. It takes two or more people to have a flame war.

It's not intended as a defense, it was an observation. Admission of guilt, as you put it, is not an issue - I've never denied or concealed my distaste for the man.

How do you figure that? You're implying that it's acceptable for Flynn to insult numerous people simultaneously, but if they respond in kind he's the victim? What a quaint idea.

Reply to
mark_newton

How else would you suggest I defend myself against attacks by Flynn, if not by attacking him in return?

What difference does that make?

Reply to
mark_newton