Customer service MDC Roundhouse.

I recently bought a secondhand MDC Loco kit that was missing its instructions. I e-mailed MDC last Monday (the 24th May) and the instructions arrived, gratis, this morning. (the 29th May). Postmarked the

25th, they made it to the U.K. in 4 days from Nevada. Hats off to MDC who were under no obligation to send them and a pat on the back for the U.S. Postal Service.
Reply to
Les Pickstock

This typical of MDC. They have GREAT customer support. The others should do half as well (but they don't). Even Atlas has gotten flaky.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Took them 4 months to ship a few cars from USA to australia, I think their service is shit...

Everytime I mailed asking what was going on, never heard anything.

Reply to
Biggus

...and Bachmann seems not to answer simple queries sent via their web site (e.g., "do I need an RMA to send an engine for repair?"). Anyone else have any experience with that? I'm a little reluctant to send anything to them if a channel of communication can't be established.

Reply to
John Miller

Well, I've never ordered from Oz, but from the US I'd have to agree with others - their service is great.

IIRC, I posted here some time back about a set of truss rod reefers that had a couple of duplicate road numbers. They offered to take them back, refund my money and donate the cars to a modelling class, etc.. They apologized for the outdated ad on their website and had it changed in a day or two.

I'm getting ready to order some more stuff from them.

They've now got some modular wall sections that look interesting. Anyone had experience with these? If so, please comment here.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I don't know about their Australian service, but we had a problem with one of the units at our club and they responded very fast. We got the RMA next day and the whole exchange took less than 10 days.

Reply to
<Will

Being used as roadside bombs, or hadn't you heard?

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Same place they have always been....

they are:

  1. a figment of G.W.'s warped imagination.

  1. a political smoke screen dreamed up by G.W. so he could "one up" his daddy.

  2. Mark Newton took them to Australia, he plans to give them to Terry Flynn as a token of his affection.
Reply to
<Will

Then the UN, France, Germany, and Britain (to name a very few) also have warped imaginations, since they all concurred that Iraq still had them (which, evidently, is true since one was used recently)

This doesn't even rate comment it's so outlandish.

The last could just possibly be the truth.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

LOL! But I think it would take more than a WMD to get rid of Flynn.

Reply to
Mark Newton

The DOD has shown it was from pre-Iraq War I. No marking were on it. The insurgents may not have even known it contained Sarin Gas. It was a very small amount.

Mustard Gas was found last month (traces). The DOD has said that this too was old stuff from a Iraq War I stockpile.

Bush's assertion to going to war was that Saddam was making new weapons and buying materials for nuclear weapons. Nothing new has been found since the war. Only old stockpiles have been found.

Even Bush admits nothing has been found. If you are going to believe and support what he did you should at least believe him when he says they still haven't found anything.

Charles

Reply to
Charles P. Woolever

The point remains: Saddam said he HAD NONE. So where did this (even pre '91) shell come from IF SADDAM HAD NONE? If he didn't have this one, what others did he not have?

Chemical agent shells are not something you just stick in a corner someplace and forget where you put them (at least for western nations, Russia, and I'm sure the Chinese). The things are guarded heavily, and strict inventory controls are kept (it was these the UN asked for when Saddam said had destroyed all the WMD, but couldn't bear to part with).

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Maybe they didn't know it would go off!? Maybe they thought they were disposing of it safely? ... maybe!

Was it still potent?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

C'mon guys - lighten up. This all started over my sig line. A sig line is like a bumpersticker. Do you chase down drivers with bumperstickers you don't like just to argue with them?

If you don't like mine, come up with one of your own. I promise not to argue about it :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

OK by me

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

Since Sadam is under lock and key he doesn't have any WMDs. However its a good bet that possibly droves of ignorant or insane Islamic Arabs have the WMDs he didn't have and are planning to blow somebody up with them right now. If they can't blow us up with them they will blow each other with them in their tried and true, time tested Islamic way. Even the Shrub said we don't want to make them Americans we just want to make them free. We should leave so they can blow each other to smithereens with complete freedom.

I agree Brian but these people are steeped in Islam, sleep with bombs under their beds, will blow themselves up just to make a minor point and live by barbaric social rules in modern times. Being highly confused and frustrated they can't wait to ravage some seventy odd virgins in the afterlife not realizing they could get better sex from just one woman with a little experience right here on earth. They are trained to be violent vicious animals from birth like rabid coyotes and will attack anyone with anything they can put in a backpack or strap on their ass. Take a bucket of gum balls and candy and scatter it out at a play ground. Watch how those kids scramble and run off with what ever they can grab. To a bunch of Islamic Arabs it the same thing with free and loose WMDs. We will never find a stock pile because thousands of pissed off, goat hoarding solders of Islam have run off with one or two each and stashed them away like squirrels with nuts. To many they may be plain old bombs just like all the neighbors have that they can use to blow up innocent people with from time to time.

Besides even with careful inventory, paperwork and experts in charge it appears any government can screw up and not know what's going on. We can use our selves as an example. We forgot to equip or men with an adequate amount of the correct type of equipment so Bush asked for zillions more to buy it after we were already in a war and getting blown up. I guess no one has been keeping track of the supply of bullets lately. We can't find the WMDs that we had proof were there. Nobody higher up than sergeants knew what was going on with the prisoners? Critical interrogations of detained people are entrusted to some girl private that came right off the farm and infantry grunts always pack along dog collars, black leather items, capes, and S&M equipment. Doesn't any one check what our guys are carrying around in there pack packs? And it looks like some nuclear material in the once Eastern Block county's went missing at some point. How did that happen with all these controls? And who knows what in the hell those Chinese are thinking? They can't even figure out if they want to be communists or capitalists and have so many people they are bound to have thousands of lunatic's on the loose over there. With the probable zillions of Chinese paper work boo boos some of which statistically must involve weapons in the proximity of a lunatic I'd say they are ripe for disaster too. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

At first Bruce, I looked to check the sig line to make sure this wasn't Marty in yet another format, but no, it was racism from an unexpected quarter. Should we blame the arrogance and violence of West Bank and Gaza squatters (I refuse to say "settlers") on their Jewishess, or their fundamentalism, their ignorance and their narrow mindedness?

The gumball comment was particularly non-apropos: describes poor kids anywhere, anywhen.

For instance, regarding barbaric social rules, Arabs aren't the only people who throw stones and brandish cudgels at women wearig shorts, and the same ultra-orthodox creeps turn around and insist their sons in religious school be excused from army service while they support expansion of "God's chosen people" to the "Promised Land".

Vannunu was railroaded. [mandatory RR content]

Reply to
Steve Caple

Geez, Steve, that sounds like those southern USA Baptists doesn't it?

Reply to
<Will

Shrub and his corporate energy and NeoCon handlers very specifically take advantage of some conservative Christians' tendency to unquestioningly support an expansionist Likud policy to sway those same folks to support their overall mideast policy, and their "energy policy" here at home.

But hey, whadda they care, all god's chillun gonna be raptured anyway, Revelations and those born-again bodice-ripper "novels" told me so.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Must be real dark and scary in there.

Tell us again about the "chemtrails" and how global warming is going to cause a new ice age in our lifetime (both actual favorite topics of Art Bell).

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni