Re: Toronto Convention - Update from the organisers.

"On that occassion,(WTC) it was you yanks who were retaliated against

- you get first say."

Yeah. And it annoys the hell out of me when morons get on media and flap their gums about how it was a unproveked attack or that they're jealous of us. It's so embarassing.

"Well, you're the voters in what you call a democratic Republic - I'm afraid the rest of us just point the blame at you all as a whole."

You'd think it'd be a no brainer we outnumber them 99 to 1. See what happens when you make it legal to bribe political officials with campaign contributions.

"Attacking a building full of civilians could have had the effect of making US citizens more aware of the effects of their votes/political power -

See what 500 years of Anglo-Saxon inbreeding has caused.

"seems OBL (if indeed OBL was involved) completely overrated US civilians reasoning abilities."

Well you've met exhibit A: Commissars Rathburne and Epperson. They tend to lend credability to this theory.

"The terrorists don't have the resources that the US has."

I think that if they handled it correctly they could accomplish at lot more that people would think. A man with a rifle and a scope instituting a well thought out plan can work wonders.

Well, I'd have to agree with you there - unfortunately OBL seems not

They make a great pair.

Elitists with a belief in their right to intitlements.

My wild guess is that every innocent person you kill in the ME will create ten potential terrorists - that would be around a million extra in the last two years! (remember, they count by dead/missing relatives, not official US figures)

At least.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Isn't this thread dead yet? Does anybody have any news from the actual convention?

Reply to
MrRathburne

Assuming that WAS bin Laden in the video. I suppose to a blind man it might seem so.

Reply to
Barry Silverthorn

If they do, I certainly hope they start a new thread!

Reply to
Barry Silverthorn

That would be the government we elect? Or is this the secret government that everybody knows about but, can't find?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Are you saying that because you disagree or because you have something against gay men?

Reply to
Gregory Procter

I live right here, I have a decent standard of living and more freedoms than you do - why would I be jealous?

That legislation has to be a no-brainer - sorry to lump you 99% in with the 1%, but what else can we do when the headlines read "US invades ..."?

Hey - I've got that too and I can figure it!

On that basis, OBL was out of line in assuming _any_ reasoning ability.

Hey, they're terrorists - don't give them better ideas!

Yeah. :-(

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

On 11 Jul 2003 15:04:58 -0700, I read these words from snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com (Eric) :

KPbIMCKOE ? (Krimskoye)

Actually from the Ukraine and it also comes in red.

-- Ian S

Reply to
ian-stewart

I see, now all OBL tapes are faked no doubt by the US. What a hoot.

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

Against whom are you threatening this action?

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

Why am I the bad guy. I am for bringing all our troops home, becoming an isolationist country and staying the hell out of everyones business. If war breaks out between two countries let them fight it out. I just want to stay strong so that if anyone attacks us we can annialate them. I also want us to quit selling arms to other countries. What is wrong with that, It is at least peaceful which should appease you canadians and nz folk

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

Wait a minute Procter, you are a model manufacturer and you voice such one-sided, arrogant, insulting, nonsensical, OPINIONS on a public newsgroup? Are you an idiot? You might be a manufacturer but you are no businessman.

Don't come back with anything stupid like "being a jagoff hasn't hurt my business." or "I have plenty of customers and they don't mind that I am such a jerk" because no one here will believe you.

Sal

Reply to
Salinas McGee

Probably not, but can you tell us which are the real ones and which are the fakes? If just one is a fake then all the rest are thrown into doubt.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

That was a statement of fact, as demonstrated by the man with the rifle and scope in the US recently. There is no threat, implied or otherwise.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Certainly - most of us are not impressed by the US's nasty trade games.

They're going very well. We're flooded with US, Japanese and European holiday makers who come here in preference to places nearer your wars.

You really don't have a clue and are obviously too stupid to get one.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

One needs strong opinions to risk investing hard earned cash into the modelling business.

You're absolutely right - I've put more hours and money into the business than I'll ever recover!

No, I certainly won't - I wouldn't believe those comments myself!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Correct my impressions if they're wrong, but aren't there a lot of "backyard" manufaturers out there, people who made something for themselves, maybe a few for friends, and it kind of got out of hand a bit? Yeah, they're small potatoes next to Athearn et al, but I think there are a bunch out there.

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 Due to spam, all e-mails except those from selected addresses will be refused. Thanks for your understanding.

Reply to
JCunington

India-Pakistan Colombian civil war Chile-Argentina Peruvian civil war Anywhere in Africa China-Taiwan China-Vietnam Koreas Israel-name a Middle Eastern country

and the ones that are a sure bet to unleash nuclear holocaust: Monaco-San Marino Liechenstein-Andorra

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 Due to spam, all e-mails except those from selected addresses will be refused. Thanks for your understanding.

Reply to
JCunington

New Zealand Railway modelling is almost entirely "back-yard" or "Cottage industry". We're dealing with a few thousand serious modellers, never quite enough to justify getting a Chinese firm to produce a loco model and local wages are such that hand-made models are only for those on fatter incomes. I make hand controllers ( the price of imported ditto including freight makes this marginal) card building kits (good individual return but not the volume to justify development) Wheel gauges which return pocket money. Wires soldered to fishplates are an amazing success but soooo boring to make. Wheelsets and couplers need an investment in advertizing. I have made a few kit masters but these really need to be my project from design to box. After my present (non-railway) project, I will begin a range of European loco kits

- just a matter of time and money. :-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Take a look at the US's involvement! Pakistan, where you've pushed the government into backing you against Afghanistan.

etc.etc.etc. Any you haven't been involved in?

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter