Re: Toronto Convention - Update from the organisers.

Hmmm, lessee.

The Tutsi-Hutu thing in Rwanda a few years back. We let the Africans sort it all out as I recall. Something about racism... Sudan - Christians vs. Muslims Eritrea-Ethiopia Zaire (civil war) I don't think we got involved in the Burma-Myanmar thing. That was an internal coup. Chechnya (a lot of posturing, no help to rebels) Tahiti East Timor (lots of talk again)

Basically Africa has been pretty much hands-off because of a fear of charges of racism. At least that's my perception.

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 Due to spam, all e-mails except those from selected addresses will be refused. Thanks for your understanding.

Reply to
JCunington

My point being that a lot of people started out making something for an immediate need with no original intention of "going into business". I didn't make that clear in my original response.

Jay Modeling the North Shore & North Western C&NW/CNS&M in 1940-1955 Due to spam, all e-mails except those from selected addresses will be refused. Thanks for your understanding.

Reply to
JCunington

trolling

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

That was two men and a rifle with scope actually. My justice for them would be to tie them upside down over a smoldering fire and let the blood rushing to their heads do a slow boil.

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

John Fitzgerald Kennedy Anwar Saddat Lord Mountbatten Martin Luther King Grand Duke Sergei Rafael L. Trujillo Mohammed Mossadegh Salvador Allende

Commissar John Eppers Against whom are you threatening this action?

Reply to
Eric

I have to agree with this one. And we still don't have OBL which was the reason of the attack. It will be another Viet Nam just like Iraq. IT IS TIME TO BRING HOME THE TROOPS and set back and watch the world fight it out

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

Now now little kiwi, you are letting me get to you.

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

Don't trade with us little kiwi. That should solve your problems.

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

and you are calling me stupid?

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

Had you considered that there might be reasons other than just profit for the exercise - yes, I'm still calling you stupid!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

A one liner is quite sufficient:- take the Jessica Lynch hype. Your government has admitted that they embellished the story to boost patriotism. You do get the news in the USA, I assume. I could quote a few more situations around Iraqi WMDs as well.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

That's fine by me! The point as Eric made it still stands - providing the ME can find two sighted individuals prepared to risk their lives to make a political point.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

You've altered the balance of power by removing the stable factions (Taliban and Hussein) - that will make you responsible (well, irresponsible) for the outcome.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

When you vote, you are effectively accepting the system and the outcome.

Before you start meddling - that's why the rest of the world said "NO/NON/NEIN/NYET/etc" to what you perhaps saw as a moral intervention - the responses were not a disagreement but a realistic reaction to an action that has no ethical way out.

You interfer in other nations politics for some other reason?

Hmmm, it's possible - that's the problem when you create a power vacuum by withdrawing - which of course is preceded by your initial intervention.

He might - the precident is there.

Of course.

You could, if you didn't keep starting wars!

Do it! Then I can look to Britain, France etc.

I'd already answered that sentence.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

What are you waiting for, GO

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

If only you could!

There's plenty of armaments manufacturers in the World - over half of the sales originate in the US.

Very true!

You don't - you try to bully it to suit your ends.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

If we pull out and come home all will be OK. Tha Taliban will rise again in Afaganistan and Hussein can return to power in Iraq. It will all stablilize in a few months or years. I agree, we need to stay at home and the only way to get home is to come home. We have to pull back sometime. NOW IS THE TIME.

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

Whoa, Britain I can understand but France, man they didn't help us. I understand you better and better. No matter what happens in this world, it is the fault of the USA. And if they were totally out of everything then it will be Britain or France. By God, it is going to be somebodies fault but never ever a little kiwi country. I can see why your country has never come up with a workable plan for world peace. In fact, neither have you, all you can do is point fingers.

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

Ok, so you don't think we should vote. Just what type of government do you think we should have here? I guess if my guy doesn't win you think I should do what, lead a revolt to over throw the government. You are impossible to please.

Reply to
EppersonJohnR

the Shepherd Express this week had "10 Lies You Were Told to Get You to Support the War". Not sure if it's online since I get the paper version, but I imagine the web site would be shepherdexpress.com. It's Milwaukee's independent weekly.