RR vs washer/dryer

The last washer I bought was only $150. New damaged, center isle at Lowes!
Thanks for the info and link, Bob.
I'll be checking this out.
Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1969 In HO.)
Can't tell you where to find them, haven't tracked them down myself yet. Saw one installed on TV a few months back on the "Ask This Old House" show. Maybe some info on their web site?
I may have misrepresented how they operate. The important feature is not so much that they keep pressure off the feed hoses most of the time (maybe they don't do that?), but rather that if a feed hose breaks, the amount of water that ends up on your floor is limited to what was in the hose. That's a whole lot less that what might get sprayed out of a broken hose before it eventually gets noticed a few hours or days later if you're on vacation.
Mike

Mike, I've had one of those air purifier / ionizer things for some time now. Its called a Breeze by EcoQuest. Its about twice the size of a toaster. No filters. It has glass plates that you just remove to clean off once in a while. Since I started using the air purifier the level of dust has been reduced dramatically. I think when the layout is finished the dust level will be almost zero. This thing is fantastic. Don't know where my wife found it but I'm sure you can get them just about everywhere. I run it about an hour a day max and leave it on when working in the shed. One of these might help with your washer / dryer situation. At least the air will smell great........ kind of like after storm with a cold rain. Bruce

Thanks very much for all the comments on this topic. Looks like I'll need to think some more about this.
One other possibility came to mind as a result of this discussion. If I move the washer/dryer into my guest bedroom, it would be close to the other bedrooms and out of the RR room. That would keep the dryer lint out of the RR room, give me more RR space in that room, eliminate a bunch of obstacles, and let me lock up the RR room when it's not in use to keep out folks who don't belong in there. And I could use the current dryer vent for the paint booth. Downside is I lose a bedroom and rental income from the college students I've been renting to.
Mike

Couldn't the track run through a 4" diameter piece of furnace ducting or PVC sewer pipe? Should be well protected in there.
Be rather tough to operate inside a pipe, as I was planning to put an upper deck (probably the passenger station) over the washer/dryer, not just a single track from one side of the laundry area to the other. The entire RR would be within about 20 feet of the washer/dryer anyway if I don't relocate the washer/dryer to another room.

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:38:22 -0500, Michael Brown wrote:

Put a sleeping loft over the laundry equipment and reduce the rent accordingly. Or buy one [or more] of those Japanese micro-hotel suite modules - like a modern US Navy berth, only smaller but better equipped.
--
Steve

Mike,
So charge them to use your machines to do their laundry instead of the rent! 8^D
Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1969 In HO.)