RR vs washer/dryer

for water damage, because they're paranoid about future mold claims< Insurance companies in this area have taken mold claims off the insurance. Unlike flood insurance, I'm not even sure you can pay extra for it.

Reply to
Jon Miller

Front loader washers grow their own mold. The factory installed gaskets do not work. There is a recall, but it is unpublicized.

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Reply to
Chuck Kimbrough

Maytag Neptune cost $800 could have bout some Brass for that. Jim

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Thanks for the info and link, Bob.

I'll be checking this out.

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1969 In HO.)

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

Maytag neptune

Jim

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Got any more info on this? Brand/model, specifics on the problem, etc.?

Most interesting to hear of this. I had been planning to replace my current stack unit with separate washer/dryer side by side under the layout. Figured I'd get the Whirlpool Duet or similar - front loaders with controls/buttons on the front face. Maytag Neptune would have been another possibility, but I've heard they've got some significant reliability problems.

But based on the earlier discussion here re lint/dust problems vs RR (may be even more critical for me with N-scale), I'm seriously considering relocating the washer/dryer. If I do this, I'd probably get another stack unit to replace my current one.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Brown

Reply to
Charles Kimbrough

I had their bug guy (he is on our faculty) look at the black crud on the liner. They came out and replaced it quite rapidly. But I have to run an extra empty wash with bleach to keep it from regrowing....

Jim

Reply to
Jim Stewart