Steam Locomotive Crash

Some events just keep repeating themselves.

Ken Rice

< The big question is, did this thing have a boiler explosion? That backhead must have been dry with this sucker nose down...

Bruce Jensen

Reply to
bpnjensen

No boiler explosion. Look closely, it's just an image created in Photoshop or similar.

Reply to
mark_newton

This did not actually happen. It is an engineered photograph. Notice that the glass in the window is not broken and there is no visible damage or debris from the railing on the balcony, or any other part of the building. Cute, but not for real.

Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

This doctored photo is very similar to a real old photograph of a French train station and a locomotive in a very similar position. IIRC, it is dated from early 1900s.

I have a postcard with that photo somewhere...

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

Gentlemen:

The lighting looks pretty consistent. You are right about the glass, though. Could this be some kind of gimmicky restaurant, rather than an engineered photograph?

Cordially yours, Gerard P.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

I s'pose its possible. What isn't possible is what you are led to believe you are seeing. I know you believe you understood what you thought I said, but I'm not sure if you realize that what you heard is not necessarily what I meant.

Froggy,

Reply to
Froggy

| >The lighting looks pretty consistent. You are right about the | >glass, though. Could this be some kind of gimmicky restaurant, | >rather than an engineered photograph?

It's from an image editing contest that used railroad themes. A few years back. The URL was posted on RMR at that time. Every so often one of the photos show up and a thread gets going.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

Froggy@thepond..com croaked:

You win.

*tosses Froggy the rmr obfuscation award*

Cordially yours, Gerard P. President, The Sparta Railroad

Reply to
pawlowsk002

Perhaps he didn't mean to say what you thought you heard, when you heard what you thought he said?

Reminds me of "There are things we know we don't know"... etc.

David.

Reply to
David French