Steve's Hobby, Toledo, Ohio

Recently, while returning home to the Detroit Area I stopped at Steve's Hobby in the Toledo Area. Unfortunately, It wasn't there. Does anyone know where he moved to, or did he just close up shop. It was a nice store. Thanks for any info on it. Jerry

Reply to
jdjjw

My understanding is that Steve's is permanently closed. About two years ago, they had moved from a larger store to a smaller one just a couple doors down in the shopping center, cutting drastically the amount of space for trains. I believe it was closed about 3-4 months ago.

I believe he still makes the "swap meet circuit." The usual show is scheduled for September there in Toledo.

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

He was at the Nat'l Train Show back in July, with his usual stack of stuff to sell...

Kennedy

Reply to
Kennedy (no longer not on The Haggis!)

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to look forward to the upcoming Friends Of Toledo show. I also missed the national NMRA Convention in Cincy. My wife felt our first grandchild was more important than a train show. Who can figure them out?

I'll hope to see him in Saline, Michigan, also.

Jerry

Reply to
jdjjw

Sorry to say, I think hobby shops are going to be a thing of the past.

When you have Tower Hobbies selling mail order at prices that are below wholesale no brick store front can keep up.

Reply to
Joe & Beverly Mellon