Tosca

I have just completed the steam engine 'Tosca' from plans bought on the internet. Does anyone know of a supplier of an appropriate boiler for this model.

Regards

Stuart

P.S. I live in the U.K.

Reply to
D. Stuart york

We need to know what railroad and vintage in order to help! The name "Tosca" is no identification at all.

Reply to
RAILDATA

It's a stationary engine rather like the Wilesco, with an oscillating cylinder.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

I thought it was a opera by Giacomo Puccini

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Mamod (if they still exist (UK)) and Wilesco (germany) steam toys should be available in the UK. AFAIK their boilers are attached to engines to drive Meccano, steamcars etc, but you could tap into the steam pipes. I'm sure Kittle Hobby is still offering Mamod.

There are a number of UK manufacturers of garden railway locomotives (see Railway Modeller ads) They batch build locos and I'm sure they would supply a boiler from their ranges to suit your engine, provided it is a suitable size.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Couldn't that be compared to a stationary engine??? ;-)

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Stuart wrote: I have just completed the steam engine 'Tosca' from plans bought on the internet. Does anyone know of a supplier of an appropriate boiler for this model.

-------------------------------------------------- Hobby Surplus Sales (Amato Hobbies) has Wilesco live steam engines. Don't know if this will help or not:

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains: