TRAIN SHOW

    Pictures from METRO MODEL RR CLUB show 3-11-07 at Cedarburg Wisconsin.
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u@06694&a2487731&f

Roger Aultman wrote:

Is that a Lionel Layout that I see before me?
Well done, guys!
--

Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)
The Sheboygan layout is three rail, it is geared to having children operate it, and is a big hit with them. The other layouts are Z, N, S and H-O, with 1 1/2" scale on display and setup outside for rides.     Roger
Wolf wrote:

Roger Aultman wrote:

RA:
Sounds like a nice variety. I see a gantry crane on the Lionel layout. Do you have any other operating accessories? They'd go over well, I think...log dumpers and so forth.
The HO M&S layout looks very nice, especially for a portable layout.
Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and some plans

Gerard     The Lionel layout was displayed by the LAKEHORE OSCALERS OF SHEBOYGAN and had a beacon and crossing flasher for operation accesories, but none the less attracted attention all day. The H-O portable is owned by our club, METRO MODEL RR CLUB Ltd. and was started over twenty years ago. It has won prizes at two National Train Shows. A typical attendance of 1000+ enjoyed the layouts and helped the vendors go home satisfied. Roger

Roger Aultman wrote:

RA:
Yup, they'll do that, even in the age of hyper-realistic video games and all kinds of flashy graphics. Those big tinplate trains sound GREAT on the traditional Lionel track, too. :)
Cordially yours: Gerard P. President, a box of track and now some L-girders.

That show is about ten miles from my home, and what I really like most about that show is the cost --- it is only $2 for adults, free for kids. It's the one local show I recommend to families which have a young child (or two, or three...) who have a casual interest in trains, because of the low cost. Yet it still offers a chance for more serious modelers to shop & swap, as well as reacquaint themselves with other modelers in the area.
Metro does a great job with the show.
Was that a Sunday?! If so that is a sin to go to the train show. Saturday OK.

On 17 Mar 2007 16:43:38 -0700, in alt.usenet.kooks, snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote:

What if is Jewish... Sunday isn't and never was the Sabbath you stupid ignorant git...

--
Bob Officer
COOSN-266-06-01986

Good evening Curt;
The day of the week has nothing to do with it.
Cheers, John

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com says...

I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. (Isaiah 6:1)