Train Shows and Clubs

The rope idea might work with adults but here you have super mom not paying any attention, probably got a cell phone stuck in her ear talking to super grandma, and not observing while little 22 month old varmit crawls under ropes. Then he grabs trains before anyone can stop him. Oh yes, be sure you don't touch the little fart trying to stop him or super daddy will sue you for child abuse. These parents now days may be smart enough to have them but they sure lack skills in raising them. Marty Hall

Reply to
Marty Hall

I hear you there Marty and agree 100% I have seen it too many times to doubt your word.

Reply to
wannandcan

Yesterday at the public library, supermom was talking to someone else while junior (3-4 years old) had removed lots of audio cassettes from binders and was using them for building blocks - in the middle of the stairs to boot!

When we finally got her attention she did come and get him, but not a word of aplolgy to either the librarian or to me (I was waiting to get down the stairs).

I know I'm I'm getting old and grouchy, but it didn't used to be this way. When I was growing up, I recall only one such mother/child pair and after they'd been to someone else's house once they were never invited back.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

not a one of you has yet to stop and think that we are not talking about somthing off a layout but a item picked up off the carpeted kids area. and anyone who leaves there kids 22 months or 10 years unattended at a show or a club is an Idiot.

Reply to
Fisty Nickle

Congratulations! You spelled butthead corectly this time.

Now to work on punctuation and run-on "sentences".

Reply to
Steve Caple

You are asking a lot all at once Steve, one step at a time.

Reply to
wannandcan

No, we're trying to show you why your story was met with scepticism and why the club member may have reacted as he did, if he did react as you stated.

After 35 years dealing with the public, 15 of it in active law enforcement, I can reliably state that 3 people can witness the same incident and see it three different ways.

You have your perception of what occurred. Others involved probably have quite a different perception.

And BTW, going postal and calling everyone here a butthead didn't help your credibility.

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent

The first time you talk to them you'll have 3. The second time you'll have 6 versions. Ok, so each variation told is similar, it's still usually different.

I don't think Fisty Nickle should join that club, for the well being of all involved. It's just one of those relationships that wasn't meant to be.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

Children aren't my thing, but do you really thing that 22 month old kids mother had testicles? Now I know you are in trouble. Marty Hall

Reply to
Marty Hall

I agree Marty Hall

Reply to
Marty Hall

That is why I quit joining train clubs. Too many of the members were disfunctional geeks.

Jim Klein

Reply to
West Coast Engineering

I don't think train clubs have cornered the market on that.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Newhouse

The original post was from it's male parent, who have testicles, and was also present. Do try to pay more attention next time.

Reply to
Mark Newton

True. :-)

Reply to
West Coast Engineering

After reading all of this rambling on about kids at shows or whatever, I just discovered another use for Duck Tape at our shows.....Thanks guys!!! Howard Zane, partner...Great Scale Model Train show

Reply to
Howard Zane

Can you say National Security Council?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Can you say NRA?

Reply to
wannandcan

In these days and times, are you sure he had them? Marty Hall

Reply to
Marty Hall

As a fully functional non-geek, I take offense to your generalization. As an officer of a model railroad club, You really piss me off! True, there are clubs full of rusting old farts who really don't give a rats ass about how the club will be in 10 years, but don't lump us all in one group. Our club takes in members as young as 12, as long as they have a sponsoring member to be a mentor or guide,until they reach full membership at 18. Even though we try to be "serious" modelers, we still won't hesitate to run Thomas, Percy, Duck, James, or Gordon for the kids at shows. We take them railfanning, teach them about the industry, and they learn with us. Sorry, but the term disfunctional geek sounds like someone who sits in his basement and plays with himself! Chooch

Reply to
chooch