Latest threads in Model Railroad Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

4-14-4 AA20-1
I wonder if model vendors ever consider modeling failed trains. The 4-14-4 was a single prototype Russian leviathan that made only one publicity trip in 1935. It was apparently so heavy that it spread...
11
11

Couplers
I see in the thread on "Best H0 system for newcomer?" that the issue of couplers has comeup. For my Polish armoured train project, I have a number of Lilliput and Dapol wagons, but I also will be...
2
2

Best "System" Poll
It has been very interesting to read several recent threads about "best" HO "systems", Marklin, Hornby, etc. If we set size and time aside, I'd be curious how others rate model train "systems". Step...
3
3

Hornby info?
Hi NG, Does anyone have knowledge or experience to share regarding Hornby ( They appear to have only 00 gauge, I don't know how proprietary that is. They have a pretty cool looking 'real' steam train,...
45
45

Best H0 system for newcomer?
Hi again NG, I had earlier asked about Marklin, and based on the responses, I am leaning towards finding a different brand to start with. I had a Marklin H0 set while growing up in Scandinavia, but I...
68
68

RR Bridge drawings?
Hi all, Anyone know any sites postings prototype scale bridge drawings? I'm in Pittsburgh. City of a thousand bridges. TIA Glen G.
3
3

Ore Cars, kitbashing thereof
Looking at a couple of 25' ore cars I picked up at a train show. They are assembled, a little dusty, and totally stock. The cast zamac undercarriage was left as raw Zamac, the couplers are plastic...
4
4

e-book on model trees
Hi, I've compiled and e-book with the things I've previously posted here. You can get it from here : regards, Viorel

Marklin - For Sale HO & Z
Hi, I have listed about 90 Marklin items on eBay. There are locomotives, cars, track and switches. The auctions will end tomorrow February 18th. Click on this link to see the pictures and the...

Marklin System - H0 scale vs. other systems
Hi NG, I grew up in Scandinavia, and had a Marklin brand electric train as a boy. I am considering purchasing a new set, and since I know live in the US, I am curious as to whether anyone can offer...
19
19

Installing Walthers 90 ft. Turntable on Foam Base
I want to use foam sheets over plywood for my layout base. How deep should the foam be at the turntable location (i.e. how deep is the $40.00 Walthers turntable, excluding motors, etc.)? This...
2
2

Okay, Let's Talk Trains.
Here is my completely nonsensical collection of trains. All purchased since The Polar Express Set I got for under the Christmas tree. I think I may have to take a break from eBay... after the current...
16
16

Who will buy Atlas, Athearn or Walthers?
Word on the street is Atlas is hurting for cash flow. New products are drying up, only a lame 'Trainman' rerun of the coal hoppers so far this year. So who will buy them, it is either Athearn/Horizon...
1
1

Too Many Sockpuppets
I have been using alot of sockpuppet names here having some fun. But it is getting old so I am stopping and just using myself. Play trains not the lottery. ___ Steve the real
5
5

Old MODEL RAILROADER magazines
Need a little help... is there much value in old MODEL RAILROADER magazines? A lady I work with asked me about them. Her deceased husbad had a bunch of them that dated back into the late 1950s &...
59
59