Adjustable spanner

I know this thread has moved a million miles from adjustable spanners, and stationary engines are but a distant memory, but out of curiosity I followed Andy's link to the Wye waltz and thence to 'The men who won't be blamed for anything'. Good stuff, sort of Billy Childish meets Eddie Tudor Pole - this is almost 'roots music' for me!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Mister Highfield,

What the hell are you on about :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Follow the links, Google the the refs, discover that music doesn't begin and end with some be-cloaked geezer who was OK in Yes ;-)

NHH

Reply to
NHH

I might have lost the plot here but what links ? and are you taking the Mick out of my hero, if so just step outside a moment :-))

Mart>> Mister Highfield,

Reply to
campingstoveman

I've just realised where I have been going wrong all my life, sorry no I haven't, never heard of them and cant stand punk :-)) cant imagine you with safety pins and spiky hair either :-))

Mart>> Mister Highfield,

Reply to
campingstoveman

and

As much pub rock as punk.

and I have much respect for Mr. Wakeman who perhaps against expectations seems to have turned into a decent human being - musically though, all down hill from Yes, and anyway I prefer King Crimson if you're talking prog rock ;-)

NHH

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Sorry Martin, we may seem to be coming from totally different directions, but perhaps a point of convergence may be Viv Stanshall and the Bonzos - honestly it's all just one big musical continuum.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Now we are talking, the voice of Tubular Bells, Mike Oldfield got a lot of his stuff, Neil Innes, Urban spaceman etc etc and the Doo Dar Whatsit Band. I do like what I call Classical Rock which follows on from my interest of classical Music, I do find heavy metal helps me get home quicker though :-)) never been a fan of anti establishment music though, to aggressive and loud.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

The last singer I could bear to listen to was John Denver, before that Karen Carpenter with a grounding of Buddy Holly & Cajun music.

I like Pibroch in small doses, lots of classical & the Penguin Cafe Orchestra ......

Once gave Gene Vincent a lift on my Tiger 110 ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Reply to
THE DOUGLAS STATIONARY ENGINE RESOURCE (admin)

I suspect that a lot of us who were around in the 1940's onwards can probably lay claim to being far more varied in our tastes than most, having been there and seen/done it.

Carpenters remain a firm favourite with me, my little MP3 player has about 1000 songs on it, hugely mixed but heavily weighted to pre-1985.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Steampunks are (nearly all) recycled Goths anyway

If you're familiar with Whitby, you'll probably know half the people there.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 22:55:27 +0000, NHH wrote::

Now you're talking!

Brian L Dominic

Reply to
Brian Dominic

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 15:56:56 -0000, "kimsiddorn" wrote::

Now understand the latter...........................

Brian L Dominic

Reply to
Brian Dominic

Bit of Pibroch for you...

Despite being a "Puffer", it's a weasel engine, not hot-fog.

Reply to
Andy Dingley