Allen-Oxford Motor Scythe

I just received the following message from South Africa. Can anyone help Clem please?

-

Dave, I have an option on 3 of these. Only one has the remains of its original Villiers engine: The numbers stamped into the crankcase are

1848 ( The first 8 is poorly stamped - may be a 9) 104 644 It has been standing for many years without a sparkplug - in the open, so its probably beyond love but may give a date. Can you suggest a source for another engine? Regards, Clem Davidson, Jophannesburg, S. Africa mailto: snipped-for-privacy@erbec.co.

-- Dave Croft Warrington England

Map
Map

Dave Croft