This subject has been raised many times. Amongst the many wondrous gifts from my family was a small volume which is almost a ready-prepared FAQ for the most common questions on this Group. Its one of the pre WW2 Percival Marshall series and entitled "The Mechanics Repair Shop Manual" price 2/6d. It includes sections on: removal of keys, studs, bearings, re-metalling and boring of bearings, taking up slack bushes and extracting recalcitrant pistons and more. I thoroughly recommend it. Seasonal felicitations

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Gentlemen,

Now even old vintage books that "I think" sound interesting have big words in wheres that dictionary again :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Shame on you Martin! I'd expect you to know what recalcitrant means....;-))

Cheers

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

Next weeks episode in this thrilling serial: the apostrophe and where to put it......:-) ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Roland,

I have found that I have a problem, my dictionary says (say's) that the Apo'strphoe is an exclamatory passage by an orator or poet or of a possesive case i.e. a man's coat. If it is the former then I had better see a doctor because it sounds medical and I dont want any problems around the back. The latter I can understand because I have a few coats but no Anoraks. :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman