FS on Ebay: Lister D Shearing Set

For those of you who are interested, an old friend has to go to make space for a new one.

If the link doesn't work justt search on stationary engine, I'll be in there somewhere.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

There's a nice looking Lister A type and an Amanco on there at the moment too, along with an incomplete Crossley (no cylinder head).

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

Amanco is throttle govrned one so no nice "clank clank clank, suck-phut" sound track. Plus non-original HT mag makes £430 with reserve not met sound a little optimistic to me.

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Theres a complete Crossley on there as well now,

Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Welll... I dunno about that ! :) lol

I like that Crossley!

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

I have to say that it is a very good set indeed in lovely condition. If I was after a shearing set, I would snap it up. This is the mid-period one and should have ?Ace? handpieces I would have thought. I have 2 D sets, one older one younger than this one. I paid 250 at auction for the older one as I have only seen 1 other like it (thimble clutch design).

They are good exhibits and always attract attention from the public (especially children). Not only that, they are neat and self contained thus being easy to transport. And the engine is doing something. Rather unlike the 1910/1911 L type set I have in store which is quite a job to move around. They are also fun to put back to work if you can find a farmer who will let you.

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Owww I really want another engine to work on, it was nice having one out there that I could go and work on when I got bored, but now when I get bored there's nothing to do. I really should have got that Ruston PT from Ebay a few weeks ago.

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris Crocker - White

He he! Sounds like you are well and truly hooked. I fear this NG must bear at least part responsibility for your condition - bring on the next victim ;-)

Reply to
Nick Highfield