GDSF pictures

Gentlemen,

I have placed for your pleasure all of the pictures I took at the Dorset Steam fair, not as many as I have taken before, due to a small problem with my left foot which I must say having rested it a Dorset seems to have sorted it, I will add captions as soon as my mate returns the programme to me.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Martin. It looks like some nice iron was present.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Skinner

All together now!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... in't he cute!

LOL

Cheers, Scruff

Reply to
scruffybugger

Very cute!

The thing that intrigues me about his big brother is the 'Aircraft & Vehicle Recovery' written on the side.

Surely, any aircraft that needs recovering by a road vehicle really needs a skip rather than a tow-truck!

Reply to
mark.howard10

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ukonline.co.uk writes

Rather depends why it needs recovering.

In the part of the world that I used to live in, peat bogs were common, and strangely, there were two RAF bomber fields. Legend had it that occasionally the kites would get a bit far off the field and need dragging out. Big winch (such as on the Scammell) would be useful, but the need for a skip was rare.

On a different topic, nice picture of the crawler Ruston. We saw this at the top of "Watford Gap". Looked very uncomfortable to ride on unless the ground was very flat.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson