OT Ransomes Plough

Hello all,

I have just seen a strange Ransomes plough advertised on ebay

( you may need to cut and paste to get the whole url)

It looks like a steam plough, which would have been pulled between two engines on a cable, they are usually multi furrow. Perhaps this was used with smaller engines?

Anyway, I thought that it was interesting, and although OT, this newsgroup would be interested. It seems quite a rareity, a shame to end up rusting away as a garden ornament! I don't think that the seller knows a lot about it either.

Cheers, Barleycorn.

Reply to
Barleycorn

It looks like a two-horse plough rather than a steam pulled type, it is far too small for one of the cable-pulled ploughs which ploughed up to eight furrows at a time, depending on conditions.

The photo could have been better...

Peter

Peter A Forbes