Rebuilding a Lister CS

I have two Lister CSs to rebuild. They are both models CS 3/1 (one is

3hp at 600rpm, and the other is 3.5hp at 650rpm). I would like to know if it is possible (without too much extra work) to rebuild them as CS 5/1s?

Mark

Reply to
Mark Walker

Possible but may prove too expensive. The bore and valves are different sizes. The cylinders and pistons are not that easy to get hold of and I know not whether you could overbore a 3/1 cylinder (I rather doubt it). You'd certainly lose the chroming. Are the pre-combustion chambers also differently sized I wonder? The pump and injector are probably different too. Since the 3/1 is the less common I'm inclined to suggest that it would be better to rebuild as original and sell them to buy a pair of 5/1s Opinions may vary .... hth Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

John Ambler Sussex, UK Return E-mails to snipped-for-privacy@skiprat.net

John Ambler