Latest threads in ⚙ Stationary Engines - UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Carbon generator brushes.
Having spotted condensation on the casing of one of my gennies in the garage recently, and remembering that last spring the commutator acquired a coating of carbon from the brushes when put under...

Inquiries about Australian connections.
Hi all.I have been a lurker for many years,not doing anything anymore as I am a very old codger.A so called pioneer village in this area has been given an International 6 M engine and are doing a...
1
1

Whitworth impact sockets
I'm looking for some Whitworth impact sockets. Does anyone have a source, or have any they would like to sell me? We're always warned against using ordinary sockets with an impact wrench, I've used...
11
11

OT - Sound familier?
Kim Siddorn
1
1

O/T Is this real?
If it's fake, it's a good one. If it's real, it's frightening. felt quite ill just watching it. John
13
13

New toy
Gentlemen, Collected this this morning , its a BSA Generating Set, 240VAC. All appears there but its missing its choke assy. I could make one but if somebody has the following it would be easier :-))....
4
4

Freeing Piston Rings
Favourite methods for freeing piston rings? These are stuck through water corrosion and not 'just' carbon. We will be boiling the piston in oil this morning, but other methods are always good to hear...
7
7

Onan W3S-19 #4
As Martin P can testify, the latest Onan looks quite twee with its maroon paintwork and lining, too bad it was left outside with the plugs out! It's an April 1944 model, same as our red one, and came...
11
11

Rare earth magnets - an idea
It occurred to me the other day that one might improve the ability of elderly magnetos to produce a spark by the use of a number of those very powerful (and very cheap!) disc shaped rare earth magnets...
9
9

free antivirus (OT)
Helen has just got a new laptop (under £200 ex display - ie nicely burnt in - at Currys!) to replace her venerable old Compaq. We have always used AVG free antivirus but have begun to find the...
10
10

OT Did this really happen?
See seems impossible to me so I was wondering if anyone knows if it did happen or is it computer graphics? http://tinyurl.com/6qbdqp
5
5

BSA Genset Head Gaskets
We have a cylinder head with Gaskets-To-Go in Thailand, and John Baker is preparing a quotation for us for a batch of 1mm thick gopper composite gaskets. If anyone wants to buy gaskets on the back of...
10
10

Slightly OT
Gentlemen, Aldi Stores some of you maybe aware do specials every Thursday and Sunday, this week they advertised a MP4 Player for £29.99p, I looked at the spec and thought it might be worth a punt so...

Doing a Dan, well sort of :-))
Gentlemen, I'm or should that be have run out of storage space so I am going to build a shed from what I have about me but first I need to clear a patch of ground at the back of my garage so today I...
3
3

engines @ Gazes auction in Diss, tomorrow
I know little of make, model, and am not qualified to judge condition in detail. They look like typical "old engines stored in a barn", mainly complete. BugBear
9
9