Latest threads in Model railroading in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

DCC Couplings for OO/HO
Hi all, Just did a quick Google and didn't turn up any usable results, so does anyone here know of any DCC controllable couplings/system for OO/HO? By DCC controllable I mean the couplings can be...
6
6

ADVERT - Bachmann Spectrum O ON 30 Sale
Not strictly UK modelling, but I am in the UK. We are clearing our stock of Bachmann Spectrum O ON 30 items at discounted prices. If anyone is interested please see Smith
1
1

Off Topic - NZ Steam
Gents, I realise this a bit off topic, but I'm in the middle of putting together a New Zealand Steam based layout. Back in the dim and distant past, I remember owning a VHS video entitled 'Steam Lives...
2
2

Early Bachmann Jinty
Hi All, I have just treated myself to one of the early Bachmann Jinty models that does not come with a DCC chip in. What chip have others used ? I was thinking along the lines of a Lenz Silver Mini ?...
9
9

LMS DIESELS
Salvé Does anyone know what the livery of the LMS jackshaft diesel shunters ( 1930´s) was? The pix I've seen make me think they might be red with Gold/yellow lettering but a B/W photo isnt easy to...
4
4

50 ++ Marklin HO & Z scale items For Sale
Hi, I have listed over 50 different Marklin HO & Z scale items on eBay. These listings end on Sunday. Click on this link to see the pictures and the listings: Thanks, Bill

Bachmann Class 45 PCB
Hi all, I finally got my hands on the Modelzone class 45 Royal Marines... brought back memories of my youth... Very nice model, by the way! Anyway, I opened it up to install a decoder, and checked the...
4
4

Update homepage: making scenery on the modeltram-track
Hello, Was quiet here some time. We are back now with a update about SCENERY ON THE MODELTRAM-TRACK. Worked 2 month on than 100 pictures showing you what is possible with some phantasy. No technical...
2
2

DCC fitted Bachmann 57s
I'm told the 57s fitted with decoders are now available. Does anyone have one yet? Have they made the rear lights switchable?
2
2

American Chassis 2
I have a Hornby HST power car with duff motor. Rather than just replacing the motor / armature, I'm wondering about putting a better chassis underneath it. I've heard of people using the Bachmann...
10
10

Pricing
I don't get it? Looking at some E sites I see the Late BR M7 is 11gbp cheaper than the Early BR M7. (Pricing on the same site) Besides the emblem, is there that much difference to warrent 11gbp...
21
21

n gauge lines
Is it just me or does anyone else find that their website doesn't render properly? I'm using IE6. MBQ
3
3

Bachmann 9F
I would like to shorten the tender drawgear on this model. How do you get it out? Undoing the most obvious screw seemed to do nothing. Alistair Wright
5
5

Wiring questions from a newbie
Hi everyone, I'm about to start my first layout and have a couple of questions about wiring that I'm hoping your good selves will know how to answer. What I'm building is an n-gauge table-top...
1
1

British Railway Modelling
Has anybody received the issue out this month, yet.? I think it would be the October issue?
46
46