Another Bachmann whoopsy ?

Check out recent standard 4 mt purchases...

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

Yes p*ss poor that these got past the quality controllers in China - oh sorry, there aren't any - it's the UK retailers who have to do the QC think for both Bachmann, Hornby and others!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

That's because it's cheaper to use UK retailers rather than Chinese labour. :) Actually a number of people have said they didn't notice it until it was pointed out, so I doubt if some Chinese worker would realise what a 4MT running plate should look like.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

Totally different to years ago when worked as a student in pipe factory (6 foot drainage ones that is). Was working nights but did extra day shift watching pipes come from dryer to kiln cars - checking they were ok. No one said what a none ok one looked like so just rejected one every so often to appear to be working. Unfortunately there were several hundred with incorrect shaped ends. Lot of unhappy managers next day, one asked me if I knew what they should look like - 'do now' I replied. No chance of them having a go at me, was friends with shop steward.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

So did Bachmann immediately send a notice out to retailers and put a news item on their website ?

Lucky we have the internet to spread the word, wasnt there something about the motors in one of their dirty diesels a few months back ?

Bachmann make a mistake ?

See Hattons didnt spot it very early, one of the worst cases was shown as the picture on their website - still me and Hattons dont have happy history so will just laugh.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I've forwarded your CV to Bachmann. :)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

No thanks, I work from home and being in the same county as Barwell they might expect me to visit the office.

Margate would be ok though, a fine company and used to go to Ramsgate for holidays ( in1960's)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

"simon" wrote

Nope, but we did get an email from our rep. Took five attempts (phone calls &/or emails) to get the faulty ones collected by Bachmann. Wasn't at all impressed by their quality of service.

It was only after making a complaint to our rep, that he was able to get the faulty models uplifted.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Cannot understand them, it seems to be a corporate culture of denial and yet they make some very nice locos. Still it means reputable dealers more likely to get the orders over the phone/email.

With Hattons having a dodgy one on the website wonder if that means they can sell returns - theyd be able to say 'sorry but its exactly as shown !'

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon