Another dodgy ebay seller?

Hi all,

Someone is attempting to sell on ebay a First Scotrail-liveried Turbostar:

When I queried them about the availability of this item, they claimed it was released 4 days ago! Zero-rated seller, a member for less than 30 days - I'm somewhat suspicious of this!

Anyone thoughts?

Reply to
Rich Mackin

Yeah, Why would anyone want to place a new release (of 4 days) on e-bay unless they are out to make a loss? Why pay over the odds at a shop when you can get it from him for a fiver....

Unless it's bent (nicked) of course !

Andy

Someone is attempting to sell on ebay a First Scotrail-liveried Turbostar:

When I queried them about the availability of this item, they claimed it was released 4 days ago! Zero-rated seller, a member for less than 30 days - I'm somewhat suspicious of this!

Anyone thoughts?

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

On 03/11/2005 19:12, Rich Mackin said,

I wouldn't bid on this! I might have more faith if he showed a photo of the model. OTOH, everyone on eBay has to start somewhere, although it isn't a good idea to start selling with zero feedback whilst making your listing look suspicious. This might be simply because he is a newbie though.

The seller has also never bid on anything. Not sure if that means anything, but I might have thought a newbie would possibly be buying as well.

Anyway, he now has two bids, so people are interested. At the end of the day, if you're not sure, don't bid.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

well the description now says that its in the old scotrail "swoosh" livery not first and is a L.E.

They've also managed to adjust the reserve somehow, thought that that could only be done on cars (full sized ones at that!)

Jeff.

Reply to
Jeff McGhie

Looks like it wasn't launched yesterday !!!

From Moray Models Website

Discontinued collectables - inc. UK 'full cover' P&P

31-507 Class 158 2-car '52741+57741' "Scotrail" (swoosh) - £150.00 31-507 Class 158 2-car '52741+57741' "Scotrail" (swoosh) - £160.00 This unit is still wrapped in cellophane, absolutely MINT. 32-461 Class 170/4 3-car Turbostar "Scotrail" (swoosh) - £175.00

McLaren Models

Class 170/5 Turbostar 3 Car DMU 'Scotrail'

Bachmann - Diesel 32-461

Sold Out £83.35

Reply to
Brian Seamens

I thought ebay didnt let you sell unil you had a feedback rating of 5 ?

Reply to
John Ruddy

That might be the case where you don't have a credit card to give them.

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

No, you can sell straight away. Thre's no requirement to be a buyer before you can be a seller, and everyone starts off with zero.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Goodge

Mark Goodge said the following on 04/11/2005 07:25:

and everyone starts off with zero.

...although a lot of sellers seem to forget that they had zero once!

Reply to
Paul Boyd