Anyone know? (Railway question)

Hi All,

I managed to get hold of the 1955 copy of the Book by "Manifold" about the Leek & Manifold Light Railway.....Inside it referees to "The British Transport Commission". I know these chaps have gone, but what did they become?

Reason for asking is that they had one of the headlamps from the Kitson locos. I'm wondering (again if anyone knows please tell) what happened to this.. Is it in the National collection at the NRM but stored? or in private hands?

By the way, this weekend celebrates the 100th anniversary since this unique narrow gauge line opened for its short 30 years of business.

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Hi Andy,

Have a look at this web site,

, it gives quite a comprehensive write up about how the British Railways Board suceeded the British Transport Commission.

Cheers

John Willumsen

Reply to
thorodin

"thorodin" wrote Hi Andy,

Have a look at this web site,

, it gives quite a comprehensive write up about how the British Railways Board succeeded the British Transport Commission.

Cheers

John Willumsen

John,

Thanks for this. Will check later. Am still on a measly 56K (38.000-44.000bps at best) and don't get that much time to trawl the internet, so suggestions in advance are very useful.

Andy