Bachmann 9F - First pics?

Enlargeable photo's of green 92220 and black 92192 now added to the bottom of Bachmann's home page

Apparently "due to arrive in the new year", they look very appealing at first sight!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

On 24/11/2005 20:14, John Lancaster said,

They look very appealing at second and third sight as well!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"Paul Boyd" wrote

Can't wait - they look to be beating Hornby at the copying game! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

What chance of a Britannia next?...

Or, one for the midland modeller, a 'Franco-Crosti' boilered 9F! :~)

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Bit like this eh?

My guesses for 2006 are:-

Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 'Mickey Mouse' and a revamp of the

03 / 04 diesel shunter.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Dare I say "Claughton"? :o)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Well so of, that's an *ex* Franco-Crosti boilered 9F [1], the pre-heat boiler has been sealed or removed and is running as if with an 'ordinary' boiler.

[1] a true FC boilered 9F has a small smoke box door below the main smoke box, between the frames with the main chimney halfway down the side of the main boiler (on the fireman's side).

See this URL (mined the any line wrapping);

I'd just be happy if they finished their 2004 releases! Are there any firm dates on the Mk1 'Pullman' cars (and if so what chance of them in silver / grey livery, I ask myself...)?

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Very nice, John, thanks!

It would be interesting, but I think at the same time depressing, to see a present-day comparison of this view!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"John Lancaster" wrote in news:dm56vr$iq4$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk:

And I quote from Bachmann's own site,"Due to arrive in the new year, above shows Catalogue No. 32-850 'Evening Standard'"

Doesn't inspire confidence. Still it looks nice even if the engine is "Evening Star". ;-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Cor! What an *excellent* page! There are some *very* strange looking engines there! Thanks for the link, Jerry.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Thankfully the model carries the correct name!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

If it isn't due to arrive until the New Year, then how do you know that? Just curious... perhaps you can do my lottery numbers for next weekend!

Cheers, Steve

Reply to
Steve W

":::Jerry::::" wrote

Yes I know, but they stayed in the original condition for a relatively short period, and the Crosti boiler was blanked off and the locos were converted to the condition illustrated. I suspect they ran for much longer in modified rather than original condition.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Lancaster" wrote

Just two tracks and no other railway infrastructure. Very sad - I spent many happy hours on the bridge from which that shot was taken.

John.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

And in their original condition they invariably sounded seriously ill. Ironically hauling tons of coal and seemingly bedevilled by pneumoconiosis.....

Cheers Robt P.

Reply to
60106

message

appealing

engine is

weekend!

Err, if you care to look at the full sized image (follow the link) you can read the name plate for yourself. Duh!!!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Because the enlarged picture shows the name plate saying "Evening Star".

Maybe "Evening Standard" will be part of a sponsorship deal... (euugh, hope not!)

PhilD

Reply to
PhilD

The ex-Crosti "9Fs" were actually rated as 8F according to what I read in Railway Magazine a few months ago.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Kirkham

I think a photograph of the pre-production model carrying the correct name is more significant than some mis-spelt text on a web page!

Only if you don't want to win! I'm lucky to win the occasional tenner!!!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"Andy Kirkham" wrote

That may well be, but they were infinitely more powerful than the original condition Crosti, which I'm told by people who worked on them, were pretty gutless.

John.

Reply to
John Turner