Bachmann optional extras

The intermodal wagons I have just acquired come with a small bag of extra bits, but no indication of where they ought to go. At least the class 24 diesel does have a diagram indicating where the optional bits are intended to go. Why don't they fit these bits at the factory, and is there any guide anywhere as to what to do with the intermodal extras?

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

In message , Mark Thornton writes

No but they're not hard to install. The black rod with the forks on the end is to couple the wagons together. The little yellow bits should be glued into the holes on the bases of the containers to let you fit the containers onto the wagons. The claws should be on the bottom and on the outer edges of the container. If you look at the wagon you will find a series of holes along the outer edges of the wagon bed. The post on the yellow clip goes through these holes. Just move it along until you find a set of 4 holes that match. The grey bars go in the end of the containers, you might need to open the holes out slightly. The grey diamonds are for the HAZCHEM signs sometimes found on containers. Only some of the 40` containers have holes for these so you may discard them if you can't see the holes on the sides of your containers.

If you are still having problems drop me a mail and I'll send you a picture

Lose the spamtrap- to reply

Reply to
Ian Birchenough

So far I had guessed.

Thanks, I can locate all of that.

Mark Thornton

Reply to
Mark Thornton

There are the door fittings and the plate for fitting a hazchem sign and there are billions of twist locks (the yellow bits for fitting the containers to the wagon) Hope this helps. Steve

Reply to
titans